Provide case management services to Primary Care and Continuing Care clients. Case management is defined as the administrative, clinical, and evaluative activities that bring the client, treatment services, community agencies and other resources to focus on issues and needs identified in the treatment plan. This involves collaboration with the client and significant others, coordination of treatment and referral services, liaison activities with community resources and managed care systems, and ongoing evaluation of treatment progress and client needs.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Initiate collaboration with referral sources.
- Obtain and interpret all relevant screening, assessment, and initial treatment planning information.
- Confirm the client’s eligibility for admission and continued readiness for treatment change.
- Complete necessary administrative procedures for admission to treatment.
- Establish accurate treatment expectations for the client and involved significant others, including:
- Nature of services
- Program goals
- Rules regarding client conduct
- Schedule of treatment activities
- Costs of treatment/housing/rent
- Factors affecting duration of care
- Client rights and responsibilities
Essential Skills-Any Equivalent Combination Of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education & Experience:
- Coordinate all treatment activities with services provided to the client by other resources.
- Summarize the client’s background, treatment plan, recovery progress, and problems inhibiting progress for the purpose of assuring quality of care, gaining feedback, and planning changes in the course of treatment.
- Assess treatment/recovery progress and, in consultation with the client and significant others, make appropriate changes to the individual care plan to ensure progress toward treatment objectives.
- Conduct continuing care, relapse prevention, education/information seminars and discharge planning with clients and involved significant others.
- Apply placement, continued stay, and discharge criteria for each modality on the continuum of care.
- Assure the accurate documentation of case management activities throughout the course of treatment.
- Contribute as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Apply confidentiality-related legal restrictions appropriately.
- Demonstrate respect and nonjudgmental attitudes toward the client in all contacts with other professionals or agencies.
- Monitor and report progress toward meeting goals and objective on a bi-weekly basis to the Treatment Programs Manager and/or his designee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Nonessential Skills And Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) years experience as a case manager in addictions, social services, mental health or related field.
- One (1) year experience in assessments.
- Experience in providing individualized “unbundled” services.
- Ability to function under stress.
- Ability to identify and assess the degree of chemical dependency clients present.
- Ability to handle the position without continual supervision.
- Ability to supervise clinical staff members.
- Ability to function and communicate effectively in an interdisciplinary team approach to chemical dependency.
- Ability to deal with hostile or distraught clients of all age levels and with their family members.
- Ability to regularly attend position.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Masters degree is preferred.
Akeela - 17 months ago