TITLE: Administrative Assistant (Part-time)
REPORTS TO: VP of Human Resources
LOCATION: Eden Prairie, MN
This part-time position is responsible for administrative support to the Eden Prairie office and back-up coverage of the front desk area.This position will include a high amount of interaction with all office staff in the Eden Prairie location as well as clients, customers and visitors to the World Headquarters.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- As a back up to the Receptionist, professionally and energetically greet guests upon entrance to the Eden Prairie location, determine nature of business, and provide assistance in locating appropriate contact or answering questions
- Assist in answering telephone and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals
- Maintain clean and organized reception area (including waiting area and workstation)
- Monitor guest activity, being sure to enforce security processes relating to visitors and to report unauthorized visitors or concerns
- Perform a variety of administrative functions including; organizing and maintain records and files, copying, scanning, faxing and express mailings, transcribing notes for letters, meeting minutes, electronic mail or reports and other tasks as needed
- Assist with employee expense reports as needed.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance issues and adhering to applicable laws and regulations
- Provide back-up support to the Executive Administrative Assistant and Receptionist & Administrative Assistant as needed
- Understand workplace hazards and take steps to proactively prevent and report hazards or injuries in the workplace. Cooperate in Safety programs, initiatives and investigations
- Demonstrate our five core values of Integrity, Customer Responsiveness, Innovation, Passionate Contribution & Empowerment and Continuous Improvement
- Other duties deemed necessary to support the Company’s business operations
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, professional presence and behavior
- Must be reliable with demonstrated history of good attendance
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy and follow-through, despite frequent interruptions
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet, Outlook (or related e-mail system) and Microsoft Office suite of software including experience manipulating data in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated customer-focus orientation
- Outstanding listening, comprehension and communication skills
- Good language mechanics – grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task and manage several projects through completion at one time
- High degree of professionalismincluding flexibility and willingness to change schedules to meet customer needs
- Must possess the ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential information
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Special Job Requirements:
- Associate Degree in business, marketing, office administration or other related field and a minimum of two (2) years experience as an administrative assistant / receptionist orcombination of relevant education and experience.
- Must be able to work a consistent part-time schedule from 10:00am – 2:00pm; M-F
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Experience working for an international, consumer sales company
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required (for the majority of the working day) to sit and make coordinated movements of the fingers for data entry on a keyboard.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
- General office environment
Milestone AV Technologies - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -