The Director, Career Services Planning and Assessment provides leadership for the department related to all planning and assessment activities.
• Provide leadership for strategic planning, annual planning, assessment and reporting within the department; determine needs for plan improvement, alignment with the Division Strategic Plan and implementation of assessment results in program improvement.
• Provide career counseling services to students (as needed).
• Conduct strategic data integration projects for the department, including analyzing data from strategic employer engagement activities related to hiring of NIU students; and/or projects focused on identifying student success factors.
• Provide leadership in the collection of employment data for NIU graduates. Utilize collaborative strategies for accurate presentation of the data to intra and inter-university audiences.
• Provide leadership for large scale events related to technology including advance registration for employers; administration and implementation of new technologies; survey data analysis and interpretation and report generation and dissemination. Conduct secondary analysis of existing data.
• Supervise at least three full-time professionals in addition to GA’s and student workers.
• Lead independent research projects for and about the department; summarize findings and recommendations in annual publication.
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director related to strategic planning initiatives, as well as other planning or assessment related endeavors.
Master’s degree in career counseling, student personnel, leadership, higher education administration or related discipline. Two years professional experience in student affairs or career services; at least one year in a higher education specific assessment and or interpretation role. Minimum five years supervisory experience of full-time professional and support staff.
Send letter of application, resume, and names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for two current references to:
Career Counselor Search
c/o Caroline Kosmel
Northern Illinois University Career Services
Campus Life Building 240
DeKalb, IL 60115
Applications must be received by Mar 8, 2013.
In compliance with the Illinois Campus Security Act, before an offer of employment is made, the university will conduct a pre-employment background investigation, which includes a criminal background check.
Northern Illinois University - 10 months ago