We are currently recruiting an Environmental Services Director for our Long-term care facility in South Pittsburg, TN.
Establish systems for, direct, and oversee all aspects of environmental services to include housekeeping and laundry services for the facility.
Work will be performed primarily indoors at one of our long-term healthcare facilities, throughout all areas, including in resident rooms, and on carpeted and/or tiled floors. Work will be performed there routinely around other co-workers, healthcare staff, residents, and guests. Due to the nature of facility’s business, worker may be exposed to occasional slippery floors, object on floors, chemicals, sharp objects, hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood¬ borne pathogens, and communicable diseases, as well as high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Management duties including, but not limited to, hiring, training and developing, coaching and counseling, and terminating department staff as deemed necessary.
- Organize and assign all housekeeping and laundry tasks so that the workload is evenly divided among housekeeping and laundry personnel on the basis of size and physical layout of the facility.
- Develop and supervise a daily cleaning and laundry schedule.
- Maintain a regular schedule of all daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual Housekeeping and Laundry cleaning requirements.
- Closely supervise work schedules to be sure there is no over-staffing and that scheduled staff is used efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain a facility that is neat in appearance and odor free at all times.
- Assist the housekeeping and laundry staff in the completion of work assignments, as needed.
- Assist in washing, folding, and distributing laundry and linen, as needed.
- Keep required records of monthly maintenance checks, periodic linen weight report, and monthly cleaning report as directed by the Administrator.
- Schedule housekeeping and laundry department staff in keeping with census and labor budget.
- Develop and supervise a schedule for special cleaning such as windows, walls, curtains, "stripping" floors, washing beds, etc.
- Order housekeeping and laundry supplies within budget, maintaining accurate inventory.
- Fill in, as needed, for housekeeping and laundry staff, including days off, vacations and call-ins.
- Verify that the appropriate equipment, supplies, and resources are available to staff, as needed. Monitor the purchasing and usage of equipment and supplies in order to avoid improper use and eliminate unnecessary waste.
- Inform Maintenance when there is mechanical trouble with either a washer or dryer. Keep records as to date and time of equipment servicing.
- Keep housekeeping and laundry departments functioning in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner at all times.
- Keep Administrator informed on a daily basis of housekeeping and laundry department functions, recommending changes in techniques or procedures for a more efficient operation.
- Work closely with Administrator in resolving any grievances or problems related to housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Create and implement procedures for department equipment to be operated only by trained, authorized personnel in a safe manner.
- Function as a member of the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee, Safety Committee, and Budget Committee.
- Follow established policies and procedures for housekeeping and laundry departments.
- Attend as requested and contribute to Interdisciplinary Resident Care Plan Meetings.
- Follow checklists to see that staff is carrying out departmental duties.
- Ensure that corrective action is administered fairly and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Recognize staff for exceptional care and job performance on a regular basis and as part of their performance evaluation.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience.
- One (1) to two (2) years management/supervisory experience required.
- Practical knowledge of day-to-day cleaning in a long-term care facility or related healthcare facility.
- Experience or knowledge of how a laundry department functions in a long-term care facility.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
Signature Recruiting Services - 2 years ago