Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: Reston, VA, US
Job ID: 822572-103954
Division: Services & Support
Location: Tampa, FL / Wash DC Metro
Overview: Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services National Security Group plays a vital role in supporting our customers’ objectives through accelerating the adoption and deployment of Microsoft products and services as we solve their most challenging problems. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Microsoft Consulting Services is looking for an exceptional business and technical leader who will support the National Security Group as an IT Architect in the Washington DC metro area and Tampa, FL.
In this strategic role you will deliver advisory and planning services to Microsoft’s top Public Sector enterprise customers. The IT Architect enables our customers to achieve their most challenging business and organizational goals while leveraging value from their current and future investment in the Microsoft Platform. Through a programmatic approach and objective assessment of the customer’s existing business imperatives, organizational capabilities and IT investments, the IT Architect systematically plans, orchestrates, and contributes to the development and execution of their strategic technology initiatives. This provides alignment to our customers’ broader business goals and promotes innovation solutions.
With IT sponsorship, you will develop relationships with key line-of-business executives, putting the customer in a position to translate early business needs and insights into actionable IT strategy, and assist IT in driving these initiatives to early results and business value. This work encompasses a solid understanding of business and IT strategy, a principled approach to broader architectural challenges and opportunities, and a strong grasp of business, and Microsoft technology and solutions.
You will also share industry-proven architectural and planning practices and promote successful integration of Microsoft technologies in a heterogeneous environment. You’ll be provided an extensive network of professional colleagues with complementary competencies and whose expertise you can draw upon to enhance the overall service provided by Microsoft to customers.
The sections below identify the key areas of focus and offer insight into the more common activities:
- Relationship-driven differentiation: What you provide is unique and available only from Microsoft. You’ll advocate on behalf of the customer back into the Microsoft organization and maximize the value delivered from the relationship.
- Business-driven portfolio value management: A disciplined approach is followed in this role; first to understand the customer’s needs and then to develop roadmaps that result in an increase in realized value from their Microsoft investment across a heterogeneous IT environment.
- Teaming to accelerate value: The IT Architect accelerates the time-to-value by aligning the technology deployment and business adoption plans with the customer’s broader organizational objectives.
- Practice development: In this role, you’ll contribute to the growth and maturity of the local and international communities by providing mentorship, fostering IP development / knowledge transfer, and thought-leading by example. In addition, opportunities exist to contribute to IP development and reuse initiatives and drive proven practices in architecture, planning, and customer relationships.
- Business development: You will also have the opportunity to bring your years of experience and expertise to influence continued business development opportunities for Microsoft.
In addition to the above activities, it is expected that the successful candidate will have significant experience in at least one specialization from the three categories below:
Industry: Experience in one or more of the following Sectors/Industries: Government/Public Sector;
Microsoft Strategic priorities: Cloud/S+S; Enterprise level / Mission Critical Applications; Optimized
Desktop; Unified Communications and Collaboration
IT Architect Specializations:
- Business Value Analysis and Benefits Management
- IT Portfolio Lifecycle Optimization
- Organizational Change Management
- IT Governance
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT-Led Business Innovation
- Business Insight
- Information Management
- Organizational Design
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a 4-year degree (Computer Science, Social Science or Business), and/or equivalent experience
- Graduate business oriented degree is a plus
- At least 8 - 10 years related business and IT consulting experience with at least 5 years working within the Public Sector (Educational, State and Local Government and/or Federal Government)
- Must have a proven record of delivering business value from Information Technology at an executive level
- Working practical knowledge and experience developing service-oriented Enterprise Architectures based on industry standard & recognized models (DoDAF, TOGAF, etc.)
- Solid understanding of interoperability issues and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products, and able to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table
- Candidates must have a deep understanding of markets, industries, business, customers, and technology. Work experience should involve a mix of business and technology consulting across the lifecycle of Information Technology (examples may include assessment and analysis, design, business case development, architecture, envisioning, planning, deployment, benefits analysis, and management)
- Experience working with Public Sector acquisitions, proposals and government programs and initiatives
- The ability and background experience to provide leadership and a demonstrated effectiveness in consulting and client management
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Forming and leading virtual teams and collaborating across large, matrixed organizations
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen, will be required to hold or be able to satisfactorily complete a US Government Security Clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) at the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information Level. The position will require travel to customer sites. The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
Location: Tampa, FL
SS: PSS: MCS
Microsoft - 10 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...