In charge of all aspects of the College bookstore including determination of merchandise to be sold, pricing policies, financial operations, operating hours, inventory controls and training and supervision of Bookstore personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manages Bookstore budget.
- In charge of scheduling bookstore staff hours.
- Manages textbook and merchandise inventory.
- Plans and executes end of term book buyback.
- Coordinates visits with vendor representatives to review current merchandise.
- Coordinates with other departments to prepare for special events.
- Compiles monthly/semi-annual and year-end sales reports.
- Develops annual marketing plan which includes on campus and Web based sales strategies.
- Maintains all software systems including inventory control, textbook management and website with ecommerce capabilities.
- Maintains and updates Bookstore website.
- Oversee book rental program.
- Coordinate with Faculty regarding course materials in a timely manner.
To be successful at this position an individual must possess excellent interpersonal and communicative skills, be comfortable and competent in quantitative work and possess the ability to learn new software.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 4 years of retail experience. College/University Bookstore experience preferred.
Applicants should send via email a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington & Jefferson College is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.