Sodexo has an outstanding opportunity for a Registered Dietitian with at least 2 years of experience (at least 1 year lead or management experience) to manage the Clinical Nutrition program at a community hospital in Elkhart, IN; 20 minutes from South Bend, IN and 1.5 hours from Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will manage nutrition care services for this 297 bed facility and serve in a leadership role on the Food and Nutrition Services team.
In this position, the candidate will
Elkhart General Hospital is a 297-bed licensed community hospital with a nutrition services department of about 85 employees, and 8 clinical dietitians. Clinical manager supervises clinical dietitians and assists with managing kitchen staff. We are accredited through HFAP. Outpatient Clinical programs include weight loss, bariatric, cancer survivorship, and wound clinic.
- Oversee a staff of 8 Registered Dietitians while adhering to HFAP accreditation standards and indirectly oversee the diet office staff
- Represents the department on hospital-wide medical staff committees.
- Participate in med staff meetings and CQI projects.
- Have a strong management in acute care nutrition services, with a strong comprehension of the principles of clinical nutrition practice.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills in managing and developing clinical staff; monitoring and evaluation of nutrition care services; development of policy and procedures in a complex organization; accreditation and regulatory readiness and review; and establishing and maintaining standards of care.
- Candidates will need to have excellent communication and customer service skills, have a track record of proactive interaction with the medical team, be an outstanding team player, and have strong demonstrated leadership skills.
- Elkhart General Healthcare Center has At Your Request room service and familiarity with the Nutrition Care Process and Electronic Health Records is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will need to be eligible for Indiana licensure.
Come grow your career with the largest private employer of dietitians.
Key words: Dietitian, Registered Dietitian, Clinical Dietitian, Clinical Nutrition Manager, Chief Clinical Dietitian.
Coordinates and directs the efforts of clinical and patient care dietitians, as well as other staff members within one or two sites. Responsible for meeting JCAHO/state/federal and company standards. This position is the primary liaison with medical and nursing staff.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian.
Sodexo will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
Sodexo - 14 months ago
Sodexo is a global leader in integrated food and facilities management. Our North American operations leverage the diversity, skills and...