The ESHS Business Unit Leader is accountable for Environmental, Safety, Health, and Security compliance and improvements at the Soda Springs, Idaho plant, mines, and quarry and the Rock Springs, Wyoming plant (PMQRS). This position manages the ESHS organization and is a member of the site leadership team (SLT).
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
· Lead/supervise the site ESHS organization and manage all ESHS issues.
· Supervise a staff of 20 ESHS technicians and professionals.
· Report on effectiveness of ESHS compliance processes and issues to the sites, site leadership team and corporate management.
· Site liaison for regulatory & corporate ESHS employees.
· Lead/participate in rule makings and other negotiations with local, state, and federal agencies.
· Provide ESHS support and resources needed for site specific and corporate ESHS initiatives.
· Champion the development, implementation & improvement of ESHS management systems and performance.
· Manage department operating and capital budgets.
· Manage leading indicators, behavior based safety, people and process safety programs.
· Oversee CERCLA, RCRA, CAA, CWA, DOT, and other environmental laws and requirements.
· Support public and government relations and outreach processes.
Typical Results Include:
· Excellent safety results and demonstrated continuous improvement in performance at the PMQRS.
· PMQRS operating in compliance with all regulatory & corporate ESH requirements.
· ESH audits successfully completed and associated corrective actions implemented in a timely manner.
· Established ESH management systems that obtain PMQRS needs at optimum cost.
· Environmental projects implemented such that the ability to meet budgeted production levels at budgeted costs are maintained.
The person in this position is also a member of the Site Leadership Team. This team sets direction for areas such as plant vision and culture and directs the resourcing of plant-wide efforts in the areas of safety, compliance, etc. Members of the SLT have the added responsibility of participating on various teams and task forces formed within the plant.
BS degree in ESH or other engineering or management field.
At least five years experience in a manufacturing location.
Multiple manufacturing experiences in supervisory roles, preferably in different locations and cultures.
Understanding of ESH regulatory requirements.
Organizational & communication skills.
Ability to articulate a vision and getting others to follow through influence and persuasion.
Monsanto - 14 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...