GMCR is seeking an experienced business process improvement professional to provide leadership and direction for the continuous improvement and evaluation of core business systems to enhance organizational effectiveness. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Senior Director of the Business Process Competency Center (BPCC) will partner closely with the leadership teams and other key process owners to identify strategic opportunities for systems and process improvements across all business units and functions. In close collaboration with the appropriate stakeholders, the Senior Director of the BPCC will also establish metrics for the overall measurement and evaluation of process improvements based on organizational long-term goals and strategy.
The candidate must be innovative and able to generate creative solutions to complex cross-organizational systems. The successful candidate will act as a change agent to drive and sustain a culture that incorporates measurable business process improvements into all work systems and programs. To this end, the successful candidate must be a strong leader who is passionate about improving organizational performance through business process improvements, someone who enjoys and excels at working with individuals and teams, and someone who has a deep appreciation for the complexity of change management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Business Process Competency Center organization.
- Responsible for coordination, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the department/team and creating a positive climate where people want to do their best.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's Principles, policies and applicable laws.
- Accountable for communication, interviewing and hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, leveraging team and individual strengths, managing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems to ensure high performance results.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Optimize business performance by enhancing the alignment between business processes and information technology by building and sustaining a Business Process Competency Center (BPCC).
- Leads the design of the Enterprise’s overall process structure, including creating a process hierarchy that streamlines processes and eliminates redundancy.
- Gains consensus or alignment on new process concepts and builds coalitions to move process improvement forward.
- Present and maintain the BPCC vision across the enterprise communicating the benefits and challenges of being process-driven and establish process-related policies, standards, governance and methodologies to enable the business to seamlessly adopt a process culture.
- Rigorously evaluate organization-wide processes and recommend initiatives to the Leadership Team that will yield greater productivity and efficiency
- Monitor process improvement performance by gathering relevant baseline data and then creating measurable, achievable outcomes for each process improvement project
- Publish and measure process improvement objectives that align with organizational expectations using recognized benchmarking standards like APQC.
- Identifies and sponsors appropriate organizational support structures such as Business Process Training focused on methodologies & tools.
- Creates and maintains a multi-channel communication plan aligned with Change leaders and Process owners
- Leads the Business Process Management (BPM) project selection process and provides governance over BPM projects.
- Manages a Business Process Management technology and business solution that acts as the “living” BPM repository.
- Federate an Enterprise view of Process Management to Business Units within the Enterprise by promoting a local optimization model for the BPCC.
- Collaboratively develop and maintain the taxonomy for business processes as a framework for organizing our business process hierarchy leveraging pre-existing bodies of knowledge like the APQC Process Classification Framework.
- Works with Leadership and Senior Management executives and other IST functional and technical area stakeholders to develop a technology strategy that drives continuous business process improvement.
- Provides strategic direction, coaches and mentors more junior management staff.
- Frequently reports to various senior leadership teams on business process improvement opportunities and governance opportunities.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by all corporate entities.
- Performs other duties as requested by management
o Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments to find solutions; quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything
- 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience in a Consumer Packaged Goods or similar scope business, acting as the Business Process champion, owner, or architect focused on improving mega processes such as Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Plan to Produce, and/or Customer Relationship Management.
- Demonstrated strengths in project management processes and demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects with multiple complex tasks
- Previous experience deploying and supporting a Business Process Management suite such as BluePrint by IBM, Software AG’s WebMethods, or Global 360.
- Proven track record for analyzing and improving processes and knowledgeable in at least one change methodology (Six Sigma, TQM, Lean, etc);
- Demonstrated competency in the following leadership areas: Learning on the Fly, Managing and Measuring Work, Negotiating
o Monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work
o Highly Collaborative and constructive style.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Proven ability to lead teams, facilitate meetings, and communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to follow Keurig and GMCR policies and procedures as well as our operating principles
TO BE ADDED: Language when used as Job Posting
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical, as provided by a Keurig/GMCR selected physician. This individual will also be required to authorize Keurig/GMCR to run a Criminal Background Check. The examination and criminal background check must be completed prior to the first day of employment. Keurig/GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- 2 years ago - save job
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...