Sandoz North America Regional Supply Chain Management organization is seeking qualified candidates for “Associate Director, Strategic Planning” role. Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and coordinate ongoing supply chain transformation & process improvements
o Strategy: Sales & Operations Planning, network strategy, product strategy
o Execution: Operational standards, new launches, inventory mgt., lead time mgt.
o Foundation: Supply Chain IT, Performance Metrics, SC security (track & trace)
• Lead long-term capacity planning to translate strategic demand plan to supply actions
o 5-year strategic demand & supply plan
o Supply improvement, capacity expansion projects, investment planning
• Deliver continuous bottom-line savings by providing project management support
o Business process improvement, Operational efficiency improvements
• Co-Lead and optimize Executive Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) for Sandoz North America (N.A.) to provide affordable generic drugs, avoid stock-outs on life-savings drugs for patients
• Build best-in-class responsive, flexible, reliable S&OP processes for N.A. sites to upgrade customer service levels
• Design, develop, apply financial and analytical models to interpret business information to formulate operational strategies and policies such as optimal logistics network design, production scheduling, procurement / supply planning and inventory management
• Create and maintain efficient, sustainable processes to optimize inventory and customer service levels
• Develop set of performance metrics (leading and lagging indicators) to drive change and cross-functional accountability to strengthen operations margins and decrease cost
• Prepare management reports to highlight problems and recommend solutions
• Collect and analyze data to develop support tools to assist management with decision-making for supply chain management, operations strategy, long-term strategic planning
• Coordinate data collection and validation efforts through database systems and queries (SAP Business Intelligence) and statistical analysis to be used in decision support
• Create advanced analytical tools to identify, quantify, minimize risks in manufacturing, procurement and supply chain operations
• Create linkages to inter-company supply sites across world to optimize management controls, supply/demand transparency, and communications systems
• Collaborate/interact with senior executives to facilitate decision-making on key operational decisions
• Support sustainable upgrades of collaborative culture, teamwork between Technical Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales/Marketing
• Support supply chain security (serialization, track & trace) and compliance initiatives
• Support financial budget, intra-year estimate updates and target setting process
• Support Director of Strategic Planning in various strategic priorities and initiatives
• Support, coordinate and coach Supply Chain Strategy Interns & Supply Chain Analysts.
• Strong consultative and interpersonal skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Strong attention to detail and ability to summarize and communicate at all levels of the organization. Team player (displays enthusiasm, confidence & commitment). Exceptional communication ability (verbal & written). Strong executive presentation skills. Ability to take initiatives and work independently. Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Facilitation and Leadership skills.
• Knowledge of SAP (PP, MM, PM) a plus.
• Proficiency in use of MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree degree in Engineering, Supply Chain & Logistics, or directly related field. Masters, MBA and/or PhD in a related field is a plus.
• 5+ years experience in Pharmaceutical operations or proven comparable experience in business/operational research and analysis, mathematical/financial modeling, and/or management consulting for operations
• Must be proficient in mathematical, statistical and analytical tools to conduct analysis and develop solutions for management decision making across functional areas including Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, and Procurement
• Experience on following is a strong plus: optimization modeling/tools (e.g., ILOG OPL, Excel Solver), business and operational process optimization, Monte Carlo simulation modeling/tools (e.g., @Risk, Crystal Ball), regression analysis/tools (e.g., SAS, JMP), database systems/query languages (SAP Business Intelligence, MS Access, SQL) and advanced Excel functions (Pivot tables, Macros, VBA) to analyze or lead the analysis of large quantities of data
• Travel up to 20-25% domestic (and possibly international) is required
Novartis - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard