Software System Integrator
Content Editor Web Part
Software System Integrator located in Linthicum, MD
This position is for an experienced individual to integrate software systems. These system can be commercial products or programs of record from other partners. Frequently, the software and systems to be integrated were never designed or intended to work together. This is a challange because typically, each program was created in it's own environment and on its own platform. The challanges are often at a very technical level. For example, Vendor A has submitted a WebLogic enterprise application. Vendor B has done the same. These all work well on their own WebLogic instance but when co-deployed they have undesirable interactions. Are they in the software or the WebLogic configuration? The candidate must be able to troubleshoot these type of issues.
- Platform -System administration skills of Unix, Linux, and/or Windows platforms
- Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) -Deploying enterprise application on WebLogic, WebSphere, and JBoss. Configuration experience with these servers is mandatory
- Languages/Scripting -Ability to write basic scripts using shell scripting or Perl.
- Provisioning -Experience with at least one of the following provisioning/installation tools: InstallShield, Altiris, Wise, WLST, or equivalent
- Networking -Experience with Microsoft Active Directory
The candidate must enjoy troubleshooting and solving hard problems. Must have system administration skills but excel well beyond the typical system administrator. Must be methodical and have the ability to troubleshoot issues with good engineering rigor. This position is not a software development position, quite the opposite: the individual for this position should enjoy "fighting fires" that must be put our in the spirit of critical and timely integration.
- Virtualization -Experience with VMware ESX server, Lab Manager, Virtual Infrastructure Client
- Languages/Scripting -Ability to troubleshoot applications written in Java, C, C++, Visual Basic, and other languages
- Networking -Experience with TCP/IP, SNMP, NFS, SMB, DHCP, DNS
- Databases -Administration experience with Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server