Non Negotiable(s)/Critical Success Factors:
• Owns shrink and safety results for assigned area(s) and supports the Loss Prevention five play strategy
• Manages the training, detection, investigation and successful resolution of all internal high dollar and sensitive investigations within assigned store.
• Ensures all training in the detection and detention of shoplifters including certification has been completed in assigned store
• Conducts assessments of Loss Prevention and operational performance that impacts shortage control. Actively works with store team in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance.
• Knowledgeable in the areas of safety, food safety (Kmart/Essentials/Grand), OSHA and environmental programs, and ensures implementation and compliance in assigned store
• Reviews safety and food safety inspections (Kmart/Essentials/Grand) on a regular basis. Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of results and assists in the development and implementation of corrective actions.
• Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises the Loss Prevention Associates and Leads within assigned store
• Ensures accurate and timely report writing, record keeping and retention of evidence by conducting periodic reviews
• Ensures the proper operation and repairs of alarm, EAS and CCTV equipment
• Educates and motivates store associates to achieve shrink, workers compensation and general liability goals
• Works as a liaison between the store and the criminal justice community
• Demonstrates courageous leadership by identifying and communicating potential ethical or safety issues that must be addressed at a higher level.
• Manages and ensures reporting of critical incidents in assigned area of responsibility
• Ensures follows-up on required inventories and audits in order to control costs and shrinkage
Requirements -Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills -High ethical standards -Understanding of retail as it relates to inventory control, safety, and profit contribution -College degree or equivalent experience
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
2-Year College Degree
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...