Title: Tram Operations Supervisor
Department: MRT Tram O&M Hours of Work: 40 hours
Category: Seasonal FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary/Grade Level: DOE Date Approved: 2/9/2013
Reports to (Supervises/Liaison): Director of Maintenance and Operations (Tram Operator & Cabin Conductors)
Responsible for the supervision of all tramway operations staff and activity, while ensuring the smooth and timely operation of the tramway cars and safe transportation of passengers.
- After considering internal and external factors on a daily basis, determines whether to proceed with the tramway operation; is constantly monitoring factors affecting the safe and efficient operation of the tramway cars and the control center.
- Authorized to close tramway operations due to adverse weather or operational conditions (e.g., understaffing).
- Authorized to deny tramway access to any person who is considered not fit, competent or dangerous to him/herself, others, or to the equipment.
- Recruits, screens, and recommends hires, schedules, evaluates, and initiates termination action of all Tram Operators and Tram Cabin Conductors. Ensures that subordinates are trained (including in emergency rope evacuation), equipped and fit to perform their duties. Constantly emphasizes the importance of customer service; monitors staff’s provision of the same, correcting weaknesses or problems. Must ensure all time cards or pay sheets are reviewed, signed, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Periodically reviews the operator’s manual with each new and returning employee; records all training per the ANSI code.
- During operating hours, ensures the availability of at least one trained employee onsite to administer first aid.
- Expected to become familiar with all tram systems and normal operations.
- Performs basic trouble shooting of tram systems and able to record/log faults and bypasses per ANSI code.
- When necessary due to personnel understaffing, unexpected absences, or emergencies, may perform the duties of a Tram Operator or Tram Cabin Conductor; on call during the regular tram operating season and will assist the Director of Maintenance and Operations when needed.
- Enforces operational and safety rules; keeps supervisor informed at all times regarding a condition or occurrence that may adversely affect the safety of the operation; monitors that all signs in the ramp area, safety equipment and rope evacuation equipment are in place.
- Participates in conducting emergency evacuation under the direction of the Director of Maintenance and Operations.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned .
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to meet and time and attendance requirements.
- Ability to work all schedules including weekends and holidays
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle stress under pressure
- Ability to physically climb out of the tramway cabin under the direction of the Director of Maintenance and Operations and staff.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to train staff in tram operations, emergency evacuation procedures, and basic customer service skills.
- Ability to learn, understand and follow verbal and manual instructions; learn and function within ANSI codes.
- Skill in operating personal computer utilizing a variety of computer software.
- Working knowledge/familiarity of tram operations systems.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a daily basis.
- Ability/willingness to learn and pass on to guests those areas of interest to visitors, such as local history, people, culture, geography, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent, AND
- Valid driver’s license
- Completion of one season as an aerial tram operator
- Lead/supervisory experience, including scheduling and training subordinates in any environment.
- Current CPR and first aid certificates;
- Drug testing may be required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (education, experience, skills)
- Prior Tram Operations experience.
Routine movement in/out of an aerial tramway cabin as part of an aerial tramway and lift operation at an 1800 ft. elevation; exposed to inclement weather conditions(rain, wind, snow) constant public interaction and communication; constant exposure to extreme heights; periodic exposure to dangerous equipment during emergency evacuations or power failures.
During emergency evacuations or equipment failure, expected to assist management. Must be able to hike trails to assist management in various emergencies (e.g., medical, missing persons, etc.) Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. of various tram equipment/supplies. The Tram is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.
Goldbelt, Inc. - 13 months ago