Equal Opportunity Employer
The employment policy of Associated Banc-Corp, and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Associated”) provides equal opportunity to all persons. We support a diverse and inclusive work environment where colleagues are respected, treated fairly, and given equal opportunities to perform to their fullest potential. We believe it is only with a diverse and inclusive workplace that the organization can truly perform at its best, carry out its vision, and make a difference for the communities we serve.
Under general direction from the Business Solutions Manager II, the Business Solutions Manager I is responsible for overseeing development, management, and the efforts of their staff. This role also serves as a technical resource to Information Technology Management. This individual will be responsible for facilitating the technology needs of multiple business lines in support of ABC’s strategic goals, visions, and values. The position has overall responsibility for the integrity, stability, and reliability of ABC’s Information Technology systems.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Staff mentoring/development
- Resource planning & Project Management
- Strategic planning ( capital, budget, new technology)
- Communication across all levels of business lines
- Compliance, Regulatory, & Risk Management
- SLA management (Vendor/Business Lines)
- Issue Resolution
1. Responsible for leading a team of IT professionals. Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for development purposes.
2. Train, develop, motivate, and recruit staff, according to company policies and employment laws. Complete performance appraisals and other related human resource activities to ensure relevant company wide procedures are followed.
3. With general direction from manager: plan, forecast, set objectives and determine course of action that effectively deploys the resources (human, technology, and financial) within the department to attain objectives.
4. Review, establish priorities, set deadlines, and direct department projects based on business needs.
5. Anticipate changes within the company and the financial/technology industry, assist in formulating strategic direction, develop business plans and provide recommendations to IT Management any changes needed. These should focus on the overall strategic objectives of the company as defined by Executive Management.
6. Communicate and provide information by relevant methods across business lines to maintain effective working relationships between the business line and IT. This will include assisting in the review of technology request, negotiating & prioritizing requests based on ROI, and communicating status of project work & issue resolution.
7. Manage IT systems to ensure compliance with company, local, state and federal regulations and policies. Provide assistance as necessary to assist and cooperate with audits and examinations.
8. Monitor, measure and report on technology issues, opportunities and project plans and achievements within agreed formats and time schedules. Includes the development, monitoring and reporting of business lines and vendor Service Level Agreements – SLA’s (productivity, stability, quality measurements and standards).
9. Formulate solutions to problems through researching, analyzing, recommending and resolving issues or cause(s) of problems which will remove, amend or nullify the negative effect of the problem. This is accomplished under broad direction and company policies.
10. Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about products and services offered by Associated Bank; promote the sales of these products and services by use of eReferral and communication to staff about corporate sales campaigns.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in a business or technology related discipline or equivalent experience.
Preferred Education: Bachelors Degree in a business or technology related discipline or equivalent experience.
Minimum Experience: 10 years of technology leadership related experience in a financial services industry.
Preferred Experience: 10 years or more of technology leadership related experience in a financial services industry.
Communication: Written communication skills to convey complex information, where neither format nor content examples exist (e.g. explaining a theory, proposal, or strategy, etc.).
Analysis: Extremely complex problem-solving. Problems and their sources are difficult to define before developing appropriate solutions. Problem-solving requires the use of complex analytical techniques and innovative thinking.
Special Requirements: Sedentary work, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
Scope of Position:
Ability to represent the organization in a professional, self-controlled and positive manner.
Uphold the bank’s philosophy and all policies by maintaining appropriate controls to assure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of the corporation
Impact of Decisions: Major effect on expense, operations, colleague relations or customer relations directly influencing activities, program or objectives (e.g. decisions usually impact all or most of Associated Banc-Corp).
Independent Action: Colleague is required to act independently, working under the general guidelines of the corporate mission statement and reports for purposes other than information only those things that exceed the general mission. This is typically reflective of senior management.
Contacts: Negotiate/Persuade: Convince contact, through logic, example, and compromise, into a mutually agreeable course of action.
330 E Kilbourn Ave
Associated Bank - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
A lot of Midwesterners are associated with Associated Banc-Corp, the holding company for Associated Bank.One of the largest banks based in...