Openings as of 8/22/2013
Professional Assistant III, Learning & Teaching
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on email
More Sharing Services
Email To A Friend
Clerical/Professional Assistant III-Central
Learning and Teaching
The Professional Assistant III is responsible for providing administrative support to the Assistant Superintendent of Learning & Teaching. The Incumbent provides a high level of clerical support, plans meetings, and overall office management. This position responds to inquiries providing information relating to FCS policies and procedures, referring only complex inquiries to the supervisor. The Professional Assistant III is also responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reconciling budget activity in the SAP system.
Duties and Responsibililties:
Manages the Office (31-35%)
- Maintains the departmental calendar to include official business, meetings, conferences, and other department events.
- Processes applicable data utilizing the SAP system to include: employee data, payroll, purchasing, invoices and budget related information.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and tactful manner and attempts to resolve complaints in a calm and courteous manner.
- Monitors inventory of office supplies required for area of responsibility (e.g., photocopy supplies, office supplies, etc.) and orders additional materials as required within budget parameters.
- Performs various clerical and secretarial support work associated with special projects such as conference and committee meeting planning.
Provides Support to the Supervisor/Department (21-25%)
- Maintains highly confidential data utilized by the supervisor/department.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters and/or visitors;
- Responds to requests and correspondence on own initiative and as directed by supervisor.
- Compiles and assimilates information to prepare budgets for the District.
- Identifies and provides solutions to routine business matters requiring minimum direction from the supervisor.
Provides Clerical Support (21-25%)
- Prepares, types, and processes correspondence and other documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness.
- Creates, maintains, and manipulates data (e.g., spreadsheets, databases, graphics, etc.) to generate reports and to locate information found in documents, correspondence, etc.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes department mail in an accurate and timely manner;
- Ensures that all mail received is forwarded to the appropriate person and/or destination;
- Collects and prepares outgoing mail for the department.
- Maintains current contact list (e.g., phone numbers [office and cell], e-mail addresses, etc.) of all District personnel to ensure people are easily accessible for contact.
Plans Meetings (11-15%)
- Schedules travel and maintain itineraries for employees within the department.
- Schedules and maintains department's conference room and classrooms ensuring proper equipment is available and set up as required/requested.
- Coordinates arrangements for meetings, conferences, and travel through interaction with customers, suppliers, and employees on behalf of the supervisor.
Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- - Required
A minimum of five (5) years clerical/administrative experience - Required
Experience with SAP or other major Enterprise system - Preferred
Typing speed of at least 30 NWPM and at least 70% on a Clerical Skills test
Proficient in Microsoft Office and project management tools
Must be able to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects and responsibilities
Ability to work independently or as a team member
Must be able to collaborate effectively with District and school personnel, the general public, and work with diverse groups of people
Salary Range for 2013-2014
$33,982 - $40,106
Step placement credit may be granted for up to a maximum of 7 years (Step 8) of prior verifiable experience. Salary placement with Fulton County Schools is non-negotiable. Actual salary placement will be based on Fulton County Board of Education experience calculations from the Non-Teaching Salary Schedule A-235, Professional Scale, Step 1 - Step 8.
It is the policy of the Fulton County School System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability in any employment practice, educational program, or any other program, activity, or service. If you wish to make a complaint or request accommodation or modification due to discrimination in any program, activity, or service, contact Compliance Coordinator Ron Wade, 786 Cleveland Avenue, S.W., Atlanta, Georgia 30315, or phone 404-763-4585. TTY 1-800-255-0135.
Fulton County Schools - 12 months ago