Onshore Gas (OG) manages a portfolio presently consisting of six core areas in North America. We will develop and produce these areas in a manner competitive with or superior to our competition on a unit cost basis and by adhering to the stakeholder principles important to Shell. This will support Exploration, Business Development, and our own effort to grow the OG asset base.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
The primary intent of the Upstream Americas (UA) Drilling/Completions Supervisor-in-Training program is to provide interested individuals with the opportunity to learn about and participate in Shell’s Drilling and/or Completions field operations and to preview the lifestyle and work schedules required to be a successful Supervisor in Shell’s UA Wells organization. This assignment is temporary and there is no guarantee of permanent employment.
Opportunities are currently available Onshore in Eagle Ford (TX), Harper (KS), Warrendale (PA), Shreveport (LA), Pinedale (WY) and Offshore Gulf of Mexico.
During the 5 to 6 month program, individuals will be assigned to a Senior Supervisor, who will serve as that individual’s mentor for the duration of the program. Individuals are expected to adhere to all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) standards, as HSSE is critical to all aspects of Shell’s operations. Individuals will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and learn from experienced staff, while being involved in many of the following activities:
Please note, that although engineers are welcome to apply,this program is not intended for individuals seeking engineering roles within Shell (individuals with an interest in opportunities which will lead to engineering roles in Shell should go to www.shell.us/careers and click on “Students and Recent Graduates”).
- Participating in and conducting daily HSSE meetings and assessments to drive HSSE performance in the field
- Planning, supervising and documenting well activities and driving performance in these activities without compromising HSSE
- Tracking costs and managing budgets according to estimates
- Well handovers/handbacks between Shell organizations
- Implementing new techniques and technologies
- Interfacing with Shell engineering staff,Procurement, HSSE group, regulatory, internal Shell stakeholders and external contractors
In order to receive consideration,candidates must have completed a 4-year degree in a program similar to those listed below.
• Construction Management
• Engineering Technology
• Industrial Technology
• Petroleum Technology
Candidates who are currently enrolled in 4-year degree programs other than those listed above should visit www.Shell.us/careers to learn more about Shell Internship or Graduate Recruitment opportunities.
Additionally candidates must have earned a “B” or higher in college-level Algebra,Trigonometry and/or Calculus and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer without requiring sponsorship
- Willingness to submit to and obtain satisfactory results from hair follicle drug testing
- Willingness to submit to and achieve satisfactory results on all background, medical and reference checks
- Willingness to fully embrace Shell’s Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) policies and programs
- Willingness to support Shell’s policy of a drug-free and harassment-free work environment
- Willingness to work a schedule that may include a brief period in an office environment, but is mainly a 2-week on/2-week off rotation in a field operations environment, which could be onshore or offshore
- Willingness to ride in a helicopter or boat over open water
- Willingness to take and pass a basic swimming test
- Willingness to transfer from a boat using personnel basket swung by a crane
- Willingness to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) card if selected for Offshore Assignments, per federal regulations
- Willingness to work at heights, climb ladders/stairs and walk on high elevation grating as needed
- Willingness to travel to/from home to work location prior to start and after end of each rotation, whether remote onshore or offshore location (Shell will reimburse or provide all related travel and living expenses for each rotation. Some accommodations will be Shell-provided housing where accommodation sharing is required and may be located on the well location)
- Demonstrated ability to use basic computer programs including email, Microsoft-related applications and some Shell-specific web-based programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory requirements for offshore and/or onshore drilling and completions operations is preferred
- Prior work experience in either an industrial, agricultural, marine, manufacturing or a military work environment is preferred
- Prior work experience in an environment with formal safety policies/procedures is preferred
- Prior experience in a drilling/completions operations environment
Monday 17 June 2013
Number of Vacancies
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our
policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...