This individual will be the on-site and/or collocated representative of BW-TTS Electronics Engineering at our OEM Customer's facilities. They will be the primary engineering contact person supporting existing and new:
1. Electronic designs (drawings, requirements, & specifications)
2. Vehicle & Component validation plans
3. Waiver requests
4. Plant & Warranty analysis, and
5. Change Management System requests
The individual must provide in-depth product/system knowledge to support successful Customer integration of our products into their vehicles, focusing on management of the Key Accountabilities while demonstrating strong Key Competencies. The individual should as well demonstrate characteristics that:
Foster greater teamwork with our Customers; Lead to the identification of new areas of opportunity for BW-TTS; Show a capability to manage multiple product programs, and provide a leadership role in solving difficult issues.
1. Teamwork - Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.
2. Product Integrity - Serve as a product function advocate. Responsible for identifying vehicle assembly plant areas of product/system issues relative to intended system usage.
3. Problem Identification and Resolution - Responsible for investigating Customer product/system related problems and developing solutions.
4. Product Team Member - Represents BW-TTS Electronics department for the support of appropriate product teams as Plant product team member. Must also act as technical resource for the manufacturing plant.
5. Customer Support - Responsible for being the primary OEM Customer contact for BW-TTS Electronics.
6. Product Analysis - Responsible for providing upfront analysis with OEM Customer of vehicle assembly plant and warranty returns.
Special Assignments - Responsible for support and completion of special assignments as required EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Electrical
Minimum 5 years related experience
Design, Manufacturing, and Test experience preferred
Experience with general office computer tools desired (word processing, spreadsheets, office communications
Informing - Provides the information people need to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; Is timely with information.
Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; Probes all fruitful sources for answers; Can see hidden problems; Is excellent at honest analysis; Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Learning on the Fly - Learns quickly when facing new problems; A relentless and versatile learner; Open to change; Analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; Experiments and will try anything to find solutions; Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Creativity - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; Tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; Is actions oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; Not fearful of acting with minimum of planning; Seizes more opportunities than others.
Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; Knows how to organize people and activities; Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow; Knows what to measure and how to measure it; Can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; Can simplify complex processes; Gets more out of fewer resources.
Listening - Practices attentive and active listening; Has the patience to hear people out; Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Functional Technical Skills - Has the functional knowledge and skill to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; Builds appropriate rapport; Builds constructive and effective relationships; Uses diplomacy and tact; Can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Self Knowledge - Knows personal strengths, weakness, opportunities, and limits; Seeks feedback; Gains insights from mistakes; Is open to criticism; Isn't defensive; Is receptive to talking about shortcomings; Looks forward to balanced ( 's and -'s) performance reviews and career decisions.
BorgWarner - 3 years ago