Burlington, MA, USA - note *US Citizenship Required *
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Exa Corporation is expanding and seeks an entry level Systems Administrator to work at our global headquarters in Burlington, MA. You will report to the IT Manager and support internal users including R&D, Software, Engineering and Administrative functions. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced individual with Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or Computer Engineering training/coursework to gain exposure working with leading-edge technologies including Cloud Technologies, High Performance Computing, High Performance Visualization, and IPv6.
Have you ever wanted to work on a system with 24 processor cores and 150 GB of memory? Do you know the difference between a Quadro 4000 and Quadro 6000? Have you wished you could get exposure to a cluster with over 768 processors, over 1.5 TB of memory, and a 40 Gbps low-latency interconnect? You may be interested in this job.
- Perform Workstation and Laptop system builds and setup
- Windows OS configuration
- Linux OS Installation and configuration
- Conduct Storage Management administration
- Perform Data Archiving and Retrieval
- Provide Windows and Linux Desktop support
- Installation assistance and updates
- Other related IT duties as assigned
Additional Desirable Skills (these are a plus, but not required):
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related computer experience
- U. S. Citizenship
- Windows Administration Experience
- Must know how to join systems to a domain
- Must know how to set up printing on Windows XP, Vista, and 7
- Linux Experience
- Must be comfortable with a command-line interface
- Ability to take direction, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit, stand, lift, bend, reach with hands, crawl and use small hand tools.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds several times per week.
- Solid English reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks/multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team; strong desire to learn new skills; ability to interact with internal customers and meet job duties in timely manner.
- Drug screen and background check required as condition of employment
If you are an ambitious team player with strong skills and a desire to continue learning new technologies while working in a fast paced environment, this may be the place for you. The successful candidate will be quality focused and willing to work independently. This position offers significant opportunity to learn as much as you are capable of handling – from the initial learning curve to working directly with internal customers and will enhance your IT career.
- Previous experience setting up dual-boot systems.
- Microsoft coursework or Certification (MCSE or MCITP) a plus.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux experience, coursework or Certification (RHCT or RHCSA) a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Exa offers competitive compensation and a dynamic, growing company environment. Benefits include Company stock, comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, vacations and holidays, free on-site fitness membership and amenities center.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the Job Title: Entry Systems Administrator - Windows/Linux in the Subject line.
55 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
Exa Corporation - 12 months ago