Texas Health Physicians Group
Job ID: 52604
Department: Grapevine Family Physicians
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Required: No
Job Function: PRF
Texas Health Physicians Group is currently looking for a full time Physician Assistant in a family practice in Grapevine, TX.
Job requirements: Heavy chronic disease management, pediatrics through geriatric,
extreme exams (will train).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Masters degree Physician Assistant
The Physician Assistant (“PA”) will be licensed as a physician assistant in the State of Texas and maintain such license in good standing at all times.
The PA will report to the supervising physician and/or the Medical Director. The PA will be responsible for meeting CME requirements to maintain certification and licensure. The PA’s duties and responsibilities apply to the THPG patient population and assigned setting only.
1. Perform history and physical exams on new and established patients and those being seen for follow up appointments. Consult with the supervising physician as needed.
2. Perform exams on walk-in patients.
3. Initiate appropriate treatment and testing required for evaluation of illness based on training and experience.
4. Provide counseling and instruction to patients regarding health related issues.
5. Documentation of the clinical care of the patient.
6. Provide follow up and health maintenance care to patients in accordance with established protocols or specific instructions from the supervising physician.
7. Perform therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by training and experience and as directed by the supervising physician.
8. Communicate with patients by telephone concerning health related questions.
9. Participates in continuous Quality Improvement process and other initiatives in the area of the practice.
Location: 1600 W. College, Suite 130
Grapevine, TX 75061
Office Hours: 8:00 - 5:00, Monday - Friday
On call - Yes, on rotation. Calls are very minimal.
THPG includes more than 650 physicians and physician extenders dedicated to providing safe, quality care for their patients. The organization is led by a physician and a physician board, and all THPG leadership understands the need for physician autonomy
Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Texas Health Resources, a 2013 Dallas Business Journal Best Places to Work (ranked #1), a 2013 Texas Award for Performance Excellence...