Security Clearance Level Other Key Functions *Operating system (OS) installs, patching, and maintenance on workstations and servers.
- Installation and configuration of multi-user applications.
- Installation and configuration using non-standard hardware requirements.
- Scripting, scheduling, reporting, maintaining documentation, and configuration control.
- Be cognizant of Linux and/or Windows virtualization methods and the use of a hypervisor.
- Administer daily applications and data backups for UNIX/Linux and Windows servers and workstations.
- Setup and configure wireless applications and secure VPN networks for Windows and/or Linux projects.
- Securely connect servers and workstations to the company network using both fixed IP and DHCP addresses.
- Research technical specifications for hardware and software acquisitions, draw-up justifications, and make recommendations for acquisitions/purchases.
- Develop and recommend secure network configurations to meet security requirements.
- Research, provide inputs to, and assist in drafting Information Security (INFOSEC) requests. Required Education/Experience: BS and 1 year experience or MS Desired Education/Experience Certification as either a Red Hat Linux Certified Engineer (RHCE), or Technician (RHCT), or a Windows certified technician (MCSE, MCTS, MCITP), is highly desirable. Required Skills: Strong technical skills and familiarity with UNIX/Linux or Windows workstation and server administration are required. Must be very familiar with either the Red Hat Linux and/or Microsoft Windows line of products, including its virtualization hypervisor. Comfortable with aspects of UNIX/Linux and/or Windows system administration, including system installations, printing systems, security, installing third-party software. Solid understanding of UNIX/Linux and/or Windows-based OS; understand paging and swapping, device drivers, and file systems. Familiarity with intermediate networking and distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS and NIS, check information in DNS; understands routing concepts. Ability to write scripts in some administrative language. Ability to perform debugging and modification of executable programs, recompile code and kernals. The ability to work well with users, customers, and other team members is critical to this position. The candidate will have a track record showing strong customer service skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work both as a team member and independently, showing independent problem solving, and self-direction. Desired Skills Some experience, or at least familiarity, with Network Appliance (Netapp) storage units and their operating principles and software is desirable. In addition, familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, or other open source databases, is also very desirable. Travel Statement *This position may require overnight travel up to 2% of the time. Clearance Statement *Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Politicians try to engineer a better government, but MITRE governs the country's best engineering. A private, not-for-profit organization,...