Org Marketing Statement
A career at Jones Lang LaSalle puts you in the center of one of the largest, most sophisticated and industry-leading commercial real estate and investment management firms in the world. We are recognized globally for creating real value for clients and employees. Recent awards include
We attract, develop and reward the best, and most diverse, people in our industry, challenging them to develop enduring client relationships built on core values like trust, integrity, respect and excellence. When you join our team, you become part of a vibrant environment that is committed to equipping you with the resources to develop a long-lasting and rewarding career.
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune magazine (2008, 2009, 2011)
- Best Big Companies, Forbes magazine’s Platinum 400 (2006, 2007, 2008)
- World’s Most Ethical Companies, Ethisphere Institute (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Sustainable Cities Award, Financial Time and Urban Land Institute (2008)
- 100 Best Corporate Citizens, CRO magazine (2007, 2009)
- 505 Out Front Companies for Diverse Leadership: Best Places for Diverse Managers to Work (2011)
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2010 global revenue of $2.9 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 1.8 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world's largest and most diverse in real estate with approximately $45.3 billion of assets under management. For further information, please visit our Web site, www.joneslanglasalle.com.
This position is responsible for managing multiple facilities within a designated regional portfolio. Services provided include facility management, vendor and contract management, small project management, energy management, financial/budget management, and space utilization support. This position requires substantial independent leadership skills, process ownership, decision making, administrative and technical expertise.
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day client activities for the assigned properties/facilities. The candidate must be able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks, effectively manage through stressful situations, and consistently make effective, high quality decisions; must understand complex client and customer relationships and develop open, effective and consistent communication with client and customer representatives. This position requires good judgment, decision making, listening and leadership skills to make what are non-routine and sometimes unpopular decisions while helping the customer meet their business needs in a cost controlled environment. This requires effective interpersonal and communication skills used in a persuasive way to encourage acceptance. Clearly and promptly communicate with appropriate persons on any facility issues. Direct customers to the right tools and / or resources as necessary. Work collaboratively with facility management team and key client contacts to identify value-add opportunities.
The candidate will have overall responsibility for site budgets, accounting and finance, maintenance and operations, landlord relations, contract services, material, equipment and supplies purchases.
Vendor / Contract Management
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the property in a manner, which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client’s assets and ensures a safe, comfortable and productive work environment
- Ensure all site management and operations practices are in compliance with company, client and governmental standards (e.g., CSIS, EPA, etc.)
- Interface with landlords to ensure landlord obligations of service delivery meet lease requirements; use Citi Lease Administrator to escalate operational issues and deal with subtenants
- Interface with Citi support groups to ensure optimal operations at site; notify required groups of incidents and resolve issues as required
- Manage preventive maintenance and repair programs, ensuring equipment and roofs are maintained in accordance with manufacturers warranties, requirements and recommendations
- Perform quarterly site inspections to ensure operational standards are met; generate work orders or project requests as appropriate for corrective action items
- Manage subtenant spaces in accordance with Citi lease obligations
- Create and maintain superior client service practices
- Identify cost savings initiatives within sphere of influence
Small Project Management
- Manage third-party vendor contracted services as required, including periodic bidding and certificate of insurance tracking; work with Strategic Sourcing for national service providers, high risk vendors and vendors with an annual contract value over $100,000
- Manage service providers with staffs of diverse skilled tradesmen and professionals, including JLL’s Mobile Engineering Services
- Ensure optimal vendor performance through compliance with scopes of work, contractual agreements and work order Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance
- Work with Facility Coordinators to ensure that appropriate POs are created for recurring and non-recurring services
- Review and approve facility invoices, including invoices for additional landlord services (confirmation email with Lease Admin)
Financial / Budget Management
- Support Project Management team through oversight of day-to-day project activity and project punchlist completion
- Identify, scope, bid, obtain approval and manage small project activity as required
- Work with Facility Coordinators to ensure that appropriate POs are created for project activity; ensure that appropriate COIs and waivers are received from vendors
- Develop and manage annual operating expense and capital budgets
- Perform monthly reporting and forecasting for all sites
- Develop multi-year capital improvement project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects; may include interaction with project management team
- Work with Energy Management team to identify appropriate user awareness programs and operational efficiencies to minimize energy consumption and cost
- Utilize and update Citi SharePoint site, Trackers and Call Center matrices as required
- Comply with JLL / Citi account policies (e.g., PTO tracking, etc.)
- Provide backup coverage for team members on PTO
SPECIFIC EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 7 years comparable work experience preferred
- Professional license or certification is desired, but not required
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook is preferred
- Thinking/Problem Solving: This position serves as a resource, facilitator and gatekeeper on facility issues. A considerable amount of time is spent dealing one-on-one with customers seeking information or solutions to their problems. Many issues require research and analysis of alternatives before a decision can be made and communicated. The goal is to be helpful, and suggest options even in those situations where a request cannot be met.
- Communication - Position requires good listening skills and a real drive to understand customers and co-workers. Must be able to organize and express ideas clearly and concisely and develop solid, principle –based recommendations.
- Negotiation skills (win-win resolution)
- Strong customer service skills
- Understanding of budget and space reporting systems
- Understanding of commercial leases, routine accounting methods and trade union protocols
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints
- Strong leadership is necessary to perform responsibilities of this position
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Verbal communication is generally persuasive in nature in that it provides a response while attempting to explain then and bring the listener to accept it, but it can also communicate the decision that an exception is warranted. There are often complex situations requiring an ability to sort through issues. The unique capability required in this position is the ability to successfully bring closure to emotional issues through the combination of objectivity, factual presentation, effective communication and interpersonal skills. This impacts the attitude and productivity of employees making inquiries.
- Strong verbal/written communication is required when working with all levels
- Understands audience and tailors communication appropriately
- Communicates complex/ technical matters in understandable language
- Effectively demonstrates what information to share and how and when to share it
- Actively draws out contributions from others
- Communicates effectively across multicultural, functional, & hierarchical differences
- Involves and informs others across organizational boundaries appropriately
- Responds constructively to difficult situations
CREATIVITY & INNOVATION:
- The scope of work requires keen decision making skills, and highly effective communication skills. Many issues that come up are non-routine, and they often involve perceived entitlements that require delicate handling. Frequently there is little or no history for reference, making flexibility and good judgment critical strengths.
WORKING EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHERS:
- Identifies and implements improvements in own job
- Translates new ideas into workable solutions
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Works with others to develop continually improving results and contribute their best.
- Works effectively across organizational boundaries & multicultural differences (levels, functions, race, gender, culture).
- Displays tact and diplomacy in working with others
- Able to balance requirements of multiple organizations
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law
Jones Lang LaSalle - 2 years ago
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...