WorkForce Software is experiencing strong year after
year growth and is expanding all departments including
the addition of a Software Development Manager (Web). Be
part of our world-class team as we develop web-based and
mobile enterprise workforce management products for our
customers throughout North America.
About the Job
At WorkForce Software you’ll report to the VP of
Software Development and be a key part of the growing
50+ person software development team that uses the
latest technologies, languages, and software development
processes. Our high expectations are balanced with an
informal work environment and flexible work hours.
As Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of
software engineers and be directly responsible for the
design and development of all web interface UI
components for WorkForce Software products. You will
work with Product Management, QA, and other Software
Development Managers to define product features,
usability, and release schedules.
Responsibilities of the Software Development Manager
advanced AJAX-based web and mobile user interfaces
- Leading the development team that creates the
to all of WorkForce Software products.
implementation, process, and making quick team
- Providing technical leadership of design,
- Providing accurate development estimates and project
programming (approximately 50% of time).
- Doing hands-on software/UI design, code reviews, and
requirements and timelines.
- Balancing team resources and skill sets with product
- Delivering high quality software releases on-time.
- Hiring additional software engineers and web
including advanced web technologies (AJAX, Ext JS,
- Minimum of 2 years leading teams and managing staff
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on software development
- Familiarity with database systems and SQL
- Experience adapting the best aspects of Agile and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- System design experience with medium- to large-scale
Engineering or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS
- Experience with iOS and Android app development.
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum development.
- Knowledge of J2EE application servers such as Tomcat
- Experience in optimizing browser performance and
data volumes and stress conditions, including the
- Experience in designing for and testing under large
use of stress testing tools.
This job description is not intended to be all
- Source control, particularly Perforce.
- Knowledge of Apache Struts and/or Velocity.
inclusive, and employee will perform other reasonably
related business duties as assigned by the immediate
supervisor and other management as required.