We’re AutoNation – America’s largest automotive retailer from coast to coast, with over 220 stores representing 34 different vehicle brands. Our vision is to be America’s best place to buy and service cars and trucks. We do this by attracting great people to join our team who will delight our Customers and drive Customer loyalty.
We offer great career opportunities from coast to coast, along with excellent pay programs, benefits, training and a culture where we strive to help our Associates be highly successful.
If you have the drive , we have the vehicle .
The Service Advisor has the opportunity to interact with thousands of Customers to build Customer loyalty by developing trust and ensuring confidence in AutoNation as a care-giver for their vehicle safety and reliability. This role requires someone who is passionate about taking care of the Customer and helping them turn an unpleasant event into a positive experience. This role requires juggling many Customers, priorities, communication and follow-up throughout the day, while turning Customers into “raving fans.”
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Technicians, Parts Associates, Cashiers, Service Manager, Sales Associates and Managers, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
How will I know if I am successful?
- Setting, confirming and preparing for appointments with customers to expedite their service experience
- Greeting customers in a timely and friendly manner
- Determining vehicle needs based on customer information and a vehicle walk-around
- Using a consultative selling process to assist customers in planning for on-going required maintenance of their vehicle
- Producing repair orders for customers with full transparency including cost and time estimates
- Communicating frequently with Technicians and Parts Associates to ensure timely completion of work
- Follow-up with customers on the status of their vehicle, based on how the Customer wants to be informed
- Creating a great vehicle delivery experience for the Customer
- Following up with Customers to ensure satisfaction
- Setting and achieving targeted sales goals
- Gaining superior product knowledge to effectively help Customers with service maintenance requirements and warranty information
- Providing an exceptional customer experience to drive loyalty
The performance of a Service Advisor is measured by achieving:
What are the requirements for this job?
- Targeted sales goals
- Targeted Customer Satisfaction Index
What are the opportunities for career growth?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with many priorities
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development after success in a Service Advisor role. Opportunities may include:
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Service Management
- Collision Estimator
- Sales Associate
AutoNation - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
When America needs a car or truck, they call on AutoNation. With over 8 million happy customers and counting, AutoNation is America’s...