Key Position Responsibilities
Responsibilities: Develop processes and reports to meet the objectives of the department as it relates to monthly and quarterly management reporting, quarterly audit support, SEC filings, and accounting month close.
• Serve as the primary resource for all management reporting needs for the Ops Accounting Department in support of all monthly and quarterly requirements.
• Work within the department and with the IT department to maximize the reporting functionality of middle-ware, general ledger and planning applications. (i.e. TIES, Peoplesoft, etc.)
• Assist in the design and development of Op Unit reports as needed by the Operations Accounting group. Develop, maintain and distribute a monthly package of required reports
• Coordinate the preparation of schedules required for quarterly and year-end audits. Ensure analysis and content is sufficient for user needs.
Financial Controls and Accounting Close:
• Work with Ops Accounting Directors to resolve department accounting and process issues.
• Work with other members of the department to identify, document and implement effective accounting policies and procedures that make transaction processing and reporting requirement more efficient and accurate.
• Assist operations accountants with issues related to transaction processing within TIES and Peoplesoft.
Level of Complexity:
• Midstream energy business including marketing, processing, gathering and transportation.
• Working knowledge of AR and AP functions.
• Interact with numerous groups in Accounting, Finance, Commercial and Operations.
• Coordinate individuals within the Ops accounting department.
• Management of multi-high priority projects.
• Excellent computer and system skills, proficient in Excel.
• Sound analytical thinking and decision making.
• Good interpersonal skills, team-player, relates well with peers and supervisor.
Key Essential Qualifications
• Midstream transaction settlement experience to include: gathering and transmission systems, plant processing and gas marketing.
• Experience with Peoplesoft a plus.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting with 5 years experience.
- 2 years ago - save job