Bachelor of Science
Responsible for the day-to-day applications support of PACS equipment including modality workflow, archiving, quality assurance of data, and other related activities. Works closely with other PACS personnel, Department Managers, and supervisors to ensure proper operation of DICOM digital image data transfer into the PACS as well as network transmission, RIS validation and exceptions handling.
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred Associates Degree required, or comparable work experience in a relevant field.
2. Hospital work experience required.
3. Modality operation background preferred, along with workflow knowledge and assessment abilities.
4. Excellent written/oral communication skills required. Must be able to work effectively with diverse group of people.
5. Detail oriented, able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
6. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and Radiology specific applications (Meditech and DR Systems preferred). Working with report templates. (Testing will be conducted at Flathead Job Service.)
7. Aptitude to learn new computer applications and utilize computer software and hardware in various work environments.
8. Ability to prepare training guidelines and teach others.
9. Ability to cover call.
1. Support of PACS Applications, modality workflow, and clinical use of images in a Windows server environment. Tasks include training, workflow assessment, backup, disaster recovery, and performance monitoring.
2. Reporting to the PACS Administrator, the incumbent is mutually responsible for the implementation and day to day operation for the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) along with the PACS Administrator. Additionally, this individual will act as a liaison in digital imaging initiatives within the imaging department and other departments.
3. Investigates, identifies, and prepares proposals to solve specific operational problems within all clinical operational areas, working closely with Department Managers, Supervisors, and Lead Technologists, as well as involving the next level of administration as appropriate.
4. Works closely with the PACS Administrator in the development of operating standards, policies and procedures, and training programs. Reviews feedback from system users and compiles and analyzes support data and recommends procedural and educational changes as appropriate.
5. Works closely with PACS QC Specialist to identify and design future needs and efficient workflow processes that include further integration into operations. Implements quality control monitors.
6. Acts as an Applications trainer for Radiology and other departments related to medical imaging initiatives and procedures and assisting with existing or new medical imaging endeavors.
7. Works in cooperation with the PACS Administrator & PACS IT Analyst in identifying present and future needs for equipment installation.
8. Oversees activities of vendors in all phases of installation, implementation, and training of new systems, applications, and upgrades when PACS IT Analyst is not available.
9. Attends and participates in departmental/hospital meetings. Attends seminars and training sessions necessary to maintain appropriate level of professional competence.
10. Assists PACS IT Analyst in ensuring all department, hospital, compliance, HIPAA and CMS guidelines are met.
11. Performs other duties as requested.
Kalispell Regional Medical Center - 17 months ago