GTECH is a leading global information technology integration company with more than 4500 employees in 42 countries and over $1 billion in revenues. We provide high performance transaction processing solutions and deliver software, infrastructure, and management services. We are a preferred supplier to the government and commercial markets we choose to serve.
This is a temporary position for 5-6 weeks.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT BASIC FUNCTION:
- Under general direction and acting under own initiative and direction, provides an advanced level of administrative, secretarial and clerical support for one or more departments of administrative units. Typically supports multiple managers and /or staff.
- Assignments are varied in nature and require interpretation, judgment and a general knowledge of company policies and practices to bring to completion.
This description is a summary of principal responsibilities and is not intended to include all duties, which may be assigned
- Performs complex administrative and secretarial assignments which generally involve work of a confidential nature and require a thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs
- Compiles and analyzes information, prepares and proofreads reports, manuals, agenda, correspondence and memoranda as guided by general company practice.
- May act as coordinator of departmental projects, following up on pending details, coordinating project team activities and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and tracks budgets.
- Coordinates with internal departments to ensure that all employees are equipped with appropriate office equipment and ensures the proper functioning and maintenance of all departmental office equipment
- Sets up and maintains all office files
- Answers routine correspondence and routes mail to the appropriate persons
- Composes, prepares, edits and proofreads letters, reports and other correspondence.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Resolves routine and complex inquiries.
- Make appointments, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements and coordinates activities between departments and outside parties.
- Independently researches and obtains information for regularly scheduled routine reports and special assignments.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking department’s budget to ensure items are charged accordingly.
- Typically uses software packages for word processing, spreadsheets databases, graphics and desktop publishing.
- Associate degree in Business Administration or high school diploma and administrative experience
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Outlook
- 5+ years of administrative experience
Our progressive benefits package includes: domestic partner medical and dental benefits, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, 401(k) and profit sharing plans, employee stock purchase plan. GTECH is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only. No 3rd party or agencies. LOCAL candidates preferred. No Relocation allowance offered.
GTECH - 22 months ago
GTECH will make you happy when your number comes up -- lottery number, that is. One of the world's leading operators of lottery...