GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: To provide a high level of safe mechanical & welding maintenance to various fixed plant facilities for an underground shaft mine. To ensure that equipment is maintained to high availability at a low cost.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Ability to read basic prints and schematics required
- Basic fabrication skills, including; welding and cutting, brazing, arc welding and air arc required
- Ability to identify parts needed to do repairs by make, model, size, type, etc. required
- Ability to read and use precision measuring tools, torque wrenches and torque multipliers required
- Basic knowledge of trouble shooting and repair gearboxes, conveyors and drive systems required
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics and the ability to apply these skills to trouble shoot and repair systems preferred
- Proven strong safety and work attendance record required
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a vareity of individuals and departments required
- Ability to work in a growing, fast paced environment required
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essentail functions of the position required
Barrick Gold Corporation - 14 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...