- Oversees patient recruitment and enrollment activities for pharmaceutical company sponsored and federally funded studies. Interviews patients in person and via telephone to determine eligibility criteria for studies. Responsible for randomizing subject for performance of studies. Maintains and updates study participant information via computer database.
- Schedule's study subjects for a variety of clinical examinations; brain MRI's, laboratory tests, neuropsychological tests. Coordinates appointment schedule with appropriate areas. Informs patient and caregivers about the study; provides basic information on risks and complications of treatment; administers study questionnaires and helps patient with questions. Obtains informed consent signatures from patients and maintains files. Tracks and maintains records of research subjects; written and computer databases and casebooks.
- Coordinates research and clinical care for patients as needed under direction of neurology administration and neurology physicians.
- Performs blood pressure, and phlebotomy a prescribed by protocol, centrifuges and labels blood specimens. Sends samples to the laboratories for analysis. Maintains records, monitors drug administration and dispensing. reports adverse drug reactions
- Reviews clinical charts and compiles laboratory and clinical data. Creates database utilizing statistical software. Prepares data reports and performs analysis of data for the principal investigator. Assesses safety, clinical response and cost effectiveness of treatment by performing clinical outcomes analysis
- Liaison with sponsoring pharmaceutical companies, meet with monitor on a monthly basis to ensure data compliance.
Highly Desired Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Phlebotomy certification is a plus, vital sign monitoring experience required
Skill and Abilities
- Prior experience as an assistant in human clinical trials
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers, word processing and database applications.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Founded in 1898, and affiliated with what is now New York-Presbyterian Hospital since 1927, Weill Cornell Medical College is among the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country. In addition to offering degrees in medicine, Cornell also has Ph.D. programs in biomedical research and education at the Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and with neighboring Rockefeller University and the Sloan-Kettering Institute, has established a joint MD-PhD. program for students to intensify their pursuit of Cornell's triple mission of education, research, and patient care.
Weill Cornell Medical College's educational mission emphasizes the importance of combining a strong foundation in the medical sciences with extensive clinical training in patient care. By promoting a true social commitment, stimulating creativity, and fostering independent thought and study, Weill Cornell Medical College continues to cultivate the best of tomorrow's leaders in the field of medicine.
Weill Cornell Medical College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer.
Weill Cornell Medical College - 10 months ago
The Department of Neurological Surgery at Weill Medical College of Cornell University and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital provides state-of-th...