* Works with a high degree of independence under the guidelines set forth by the Director of Information Systems/Agency Chief Information Officer. Specific requests for services come from program, county, state, federal and local officials, members of legislative committees, state government staff and contractors.
* In conjunction with your direct supervisor or other Senior Applications Analyst and other senior staff, plans for the development, maintenance and enhancements of information systems applications with emphasis on the client and public interface. This requires the establishment of visual and technical guidelines, the planning and development of new components, the integration of the client platform with the Web platform and other external interfaces and the successful implementation of applications and future support and enhancements.
* Plans, directs, and oversees the development of various Client and Web applications. Coordinates this process with server application staff, internal support staff, and external Information Systems staff.
* Evaluates program area needs and recommends solutions. Assists in workshops; coordinates with multi-program end-users and management; design/develop appropriate technology solutions with consideration of agency short/long range goals.
* Will be responsible for assigned deliverables as well as participation in planning, scheduling, communication and detail design.
* Keeps abreast of current technology, recommends appropriate technology for agency projects including hardware equipment and software.
* Works with management or other designated authority in the development of a Strategic Plan to include all planned projects, federal requirements, technology initiatives and goals.
* Insures that the technical documentation of the client and web components are comprehensive and maintained in a timely fashion. This includes diagrams, technical descriptions, and interface requirements.
NOTE : Must be able to comprehend complex system requirements.
NOTE : Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely.
NOTE : Must possess a valid Driver's License.
NOTE : Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
NOTE : You may be required to drive your personal vehicle from time to time in the performance of the duties associated with this position.
NOTE : APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A CERTIFIED OFFICIAL COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT IF APPLICABLE FOR POSITION.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA MINIMUM, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
NOTE : ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS MAY BE APPLICABLE FOR INDIVIDUAL POSITIONS IN THE EMPLOYING AGENCY.)
A high school diploma and experience in computer programming or computer system development and modification. A bachelor's degree in a related field may be substituted for the required work experience.
A master's degree in computer science or management information science; or a master's degree; or bachelor's degree in computer science or management information science.
A bachelor's degree and one (1) year of experience in computer programming or computer system development and modification.
An associate's degree and three (3) years of experience in computer programming or computer system development and modification.
A high school diploma and five (5) years of experience in computer programming or computer system development and modification.
NOTE : If any Additional Requirements are listed above applicants must also meet those Additional Requirements to be considered for the position.
NOTE : These Preferred Qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory, for applicants to be considered qualified for the position.
Knowledge of automated information system design, development, testing and maintenance techniques and practices. Ability to plan and supervise the implementation of short and long range data processing systems. Preferable experience with PC and Web based systems such as VB.NET, C#.NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL, Visual Studio, etc. Ability to communicate through written and oral representation.
*** A RESUME MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR COMPLETING WORK HISTORY AND EDUCATION SECTIONS OF THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND NOT FORWARDED. ***
*** DIVISION: INFORMATION SYSTEMS ***
*** LOCATION: STATE OFFICE (RICHLAND COUNTY) ***
State of South Carolina - 13 months ago