Rapidly growing TrainSignal is looking for RedHat Instructor
TrainSignal RedHat Instructor is a RedHat professional whose passion is teaching and helping others.
The RedHat Instructor works directly with Product Team Manager, Product Development Specialist, as well as the marketing team to create the highest quality educational material possible. This position is available as contract or part-time remote.
We seek instructors to help us develop Red Hat courses in a variety of areas including:
About the TrainSignal Team:
TrainSignal is looking to add to our rapidly growing staff. We are a nine-year old ecommerce company that creates computer training courses for IT professionals. We have grown every year since we started and the last four years have made Inc. Magazine’s list of 5000 fastest growing companies and have been voted on by industry peers and critics as the best in IT Professional training (WindowsITPro magazine). We are a group of creative and talented individuals who strive for excellence, embrace change and innovation, appreciate honesty and integrity, and are perpetual learners who believe that work can be fun.
What you will be doing on a day to day basis:
- Worldwide and industry name recognition. Not only will the courses you develop be distributed globally with your name on it, but we will use our connections and industry know-how to get you speaking at major conferences and more.
- The community approach to training/learning. We use all kinds of ways to connect with our students: Twitter, Facebook, blogging, user groups, email, forums, and more.
- A highly competitive salary
- A flexible work environment. We work with you to build a schedule that works with your needs. You could be full- time, part-time, in house or an independent contractor.
- You get to build your own curriculum. No more being limited in what you can teach with “out of the book” training classes.
The ideal RedHat instructor is one who:
- Responsible for developing RedHat curriculum
- Research RedHat course topics
- Create RedHat courses
- Perform facilitator functions on TS forums and blogs
- Host webinars
- Write RedHat articles and blogs
- Stay in tune with RedHat environment
- Hold current RedHat certifications
Qualifications necessary for a RedHat Instructor:
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates initiative
- Pays attention to detail
- Believes in constant never-ending improvement (CNEI)
- Offers and accepts critiques well
- Meets deadlines and can motivate other team members to meet deadlines
- Is passionate about technology
- Learns quickly and can teach what they’ve learned to many different types of learners
Additional experience in any of the following:
- Subject matter expert in RedHat
- Take and pass RedHat certifications
Are you the best candidate for this position? Please answer the following questions:
- Experience teaching RedHat courses
- Experience with Camtasia or comparable screen recording and video editing software
- Experience developing curriculum
- Education or eLearning
What do you do to keep up with the RedHat good practices?
Give us an example of the biggest challenges of eLearning and how to avoid them.
What do you do to build and manage your network of people?
Submit responses and other application materials (résumé and cover letter) to apply.
Pluralsight - 13 months ago