The State Director has overall accountability for the management of all chapter staff and coordination with volunteers in the implementation of Foundation policies and programs within a specific assigned geographical area. The State Director serves as the link between the national office and the chapter office in carrying out the programs and objectives of the Foundation. Principle role and responsibilities include financial management, fund development, planning, volunteer development, communications, program, public affairs, human resources, and infrastructure (operations). As such, the position serves as an executive leader, manager, trainer, recruiter, motivator of volunteers and staff in meeting those objectives.
- Develop, lead and manage staff and volunteers in carrying out the multifaceted work of the March of Dimes
- Recruit, retain and develop staff and volunteers and develop chapter based goals and objectives and implement plans for same through staff and volunteer participation.
- Administer all chapter functions for staff including employment, performance and salary reviews, work assignments, training, counseling, and terminations.
- Maintain close and frequent working relationships with regional and national staff and chapter volunteers regarding the direction and coordination of chapter operations; planning and implementation of annual fundraising campaign; program activities; and chapter administration.
- Lead strategic fund development and financial development in keeping with chapter needs and in alignment with national strategic and organizational priorities.
- In conjunction with volunteers, prepare and administer the chapter budget. Review and approve all expenditures and ensure that the chapter’s financial affairs and records are administered and maintained in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and accounting procedures.
- Coordinate and manage chapter program activities and develop and promote new programs that enhance March of Dimes visibility.
- Act as staff liaison for board Chairman and selected internal committees and with external local community.
- Maintain a presence with and make presentations to corporate leadership for purposes of fund development and volunteer recruitment and/or support.
- Communicate Foundation’s mission and programs with staff, volunteers and community.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred and/or 5-7 years directly related professional skills and experience with proven track record as outlined below.
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience as a not-for-profit leader, fundraiser, salesperson or similar role with emphasis on event planning, fundraising, community organization, volunteer recruitment and development and staff management. Demonstrated success in leadership, management, interpersonal and team building skills.
- Proven and accomplished track record in fund development.
- Experience in financial management planning.
- Successful experience dealing with government, civic, business leaders and media in the community. This includes experience working effectively with a volunteer board structure.
- Ability to assume responsibility, take initiative, and manage numerous responsibilities simultaneously.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate cross-functionally as well as internally and externally.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel state-wide as well as some out-of-state travel required.
- Must successfully complete the background check.
March of Dimes Foundation - 19 months ago
The March of Dimes Foundation has been lending a hand since 1938. Established by President Franklin Roosevelt to fight polio, the...