M.D. with Board eligibility or certification in Pediatrics with a subspecialty certification in Pediatric Gastroenterology. State of New Mexico Medical License and at least two years of internship and three years of fellowship training required.
Primary Job Functions
Summary of Primary Functions
• Make all professional medical judgments in the care of patients seen.
• Manage the physician/patient relationship.
• Participate in system wide health management initiatives.
• Provide input into the practice site’s financial, clinical, and service quality performance; budget; capital plan; and personnel issues.
• Assist in the development and implementation of clinical and service standards.
• Receive and resolve patient complaints.
• Participate in the recruitment and replacement of other providers.
• Consults with and advises other providers regarding optimal and cost-effective treatment of pediatric patients.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, literature review, in-services, and workshops.
• Performs other functions as required.