Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Mechanical
Job Title :
Mechanical Engineer IV
Type of Position:
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or equivalent education) in an appropriate engineering discipline or the sciences from a four-year accredited college or university.
- 4+ years of experience required.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
URS Corporation is seeking a Mechanical Engineer IV to be based in our Denver, CO location.
Level Specific Responsibilities:
We invite you to take the next step toward
- Under general direction, completes engineering assignments of moderate to advanced complexity.
- Has an advanced level of understanding within a specific discipline.
- Fully understands and assists with the preparation of project scope within a specific discipline.
- Fully understands business development concepts and methods and provides support to proposals.
- Fully understands codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
- Fully versed with and can check the work sequence, general content and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services or construction within a specific discipline.
- Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations within a specific discipline.
- Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
- Can read and understand construction drawings.
- Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
- Has a basic understanding of external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
- Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
- Reviews and advises on purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
- Assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor them to aid in evaluating budget limitations.
- Takes the lead on estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
- Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline’s material costs and of cost and forecasting.
- Understands the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
- Understands the project change control process and can identify a potential change.
- Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline’s equipment and material lists.
- Can integrate all project functional requirements into a complete project plan.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced engineering staff.
- Maintains positive working relationship with peer leaders.
- Builds productive relationships with organizations in and external to Engineering.
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...