Job Title Global Perspectives Business Development Associate
Sales and Marketing
Windsor - CT
Intermediary Distribution Business
No. of Openings
Full-Time or Part-Time
Relocation Assistance Offered?
We will consider candidates willing to:
Work at Position Location specified above only
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
What is ING?
ING U.S. Investment Management (ING U.S. IM) is a leading active asset management firm. ING U.S. IM manages approximately $173 billion for both affiliated and external institutions as well as individual investors. Drawing on 40 years of history in investment management, ING U.S. IM has the experience and resources to invest responsibly across asset classes, geographies and investment styles. We provide clients with access to domestic, regional and global investment solutions.
As stewards of our clients’ assets, we always put their interests first, dedicating our expertise and quality resources on their behalf. To this end, we keenly focus on listening, being responsive and delivering on our promises.
What are the job responsibilities?
o Market Data collection
- Capital Markets and Portfolio Support: Research & Analytics
o Market Data analysis
o Market Data visualization
o Assist in the development and launch of new products
o Work with sales management to help determine most effective client and prospecting opportunities including branch meetings and symposiums
- Sales and Marketing Support: Sales Support, Communications, Marketing, Website updates, Media/PR updates
o Partner with multiple internal and external business partners to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and reach of the Global Perspectives program
o Partner with Learning & Organizational Development to develop, maintain and monitor Global Perspectives training for the Intermediary Distribution team
o Partner with Marketing to ensure kits are built and delivered effectively
o Sales Data collection for Market Strategists’ analysis
o Proactively schedule and track all meetings and media appearances including working with Business Development to schedule home office meetings and conference speaking opportunities
- Administration: Event planning, Strategist scheduling, PM/CPM scheduling, travel & expenses
o Administrative support (i.e. travel and expense management) for Chief Market Strategist and Market Strategist
Who is our ideal candidate?
What else can we tell you?
- Minimum 3 -4 years of related financial services industry experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to work well with a variety of people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a timely and effective manner
- Strong organizational skill and administrative skills including use of Concur and Microsoft office products, familiarity with FactSet preferred
- Possess the ability to think beyond area of responsibility and take prompt and decisive action to create immediate and long-term value
- Ability to see the bigger picture and understand your role in the broader context
- Proven experience thinking through complex problems, using both analytical and conceptual skills, and coming up with creative and effective solutions
Our new facility in Windsor, CT is one of the largest office developments built in the Greater Hartford Area. The site is centrally located, has good highway access and plenty of room for on-site parking. In addition, there is a full-service cafeteria, an on-site fitness facility, and much more. The site is a smoke-free environment and business casual attire is currently the standard.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
ING is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. In addition, ING's diversity accolades include the 2008 Catalyst Award, Best Places to work for LGBT Equality since 2006, and 2006 Hispanic Magazine's "Hispanic Corporate 100: One hundred companies providing the most opportunities for Hispanics." Job sites have been another target for scammers. You should know:
- Medical and dental coverage for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with a dollar for dollar match for the first 6% of eligible pay, multiple investment options, and immediate eligibility and vesting after 4 years.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for any reason; 20 days in first full year of employment, 23 days beginning in the fifth year of employment.
- Health and dependent care spending accounts available. Company provided life insurance for employees; may purchase additional for self, spouses and children.
- Company holidays based on the NYSE calendar, jury duty, military leave, bereavement and community service time.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
- ING will never ask you to pay a fee to become employed. We also provide all equipment to perform your job.
- ING employees are then provided a password-protected site to provide personal information after they begin employment.
- All of our jobs can be viewed at our career web site at http://www.ing-usa.com/us/aboutING/careers/index.htm . If you feel that you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact:
- Your local law enforcement officials.
- The Federal Trade Commission. ( http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm ).
- The web site with the job posting in question.
ING Financial Services - 9 months ago
ING U.S. is the American arm of Dutch financial services firm ING Groep. It offers retirement, investment, and insurance (mostly life)...