ATK Aerospace Systems leads the industry in solid rocket propulsion systems, satellite components and subsystems, lightweight space deployables and solar arrays. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of our nation's capabilities in space.
This position is fully responsible for the operations management of one of Aerospace Structures’ Operations Center of Excellence (COE) and is directly accountable for the financial and operational performance of the COE. The COE leader has a fully integrated direct and matrix team, including all Production operations, Supply Chain Management, Production Control, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities, Human Resources, and Finance.
- Drive the COE’s strategic direction to meet goals and grow the business.
- Ensure customers’ needs are met and maintain/improve relationships to broaden the business base and gain market share.
- Focus on speed, cost, and quality to maximize gross margins.
- Ensure customer on time delivery and drive zero defect quality.
- Drive the financial performance of the COE. Direct the planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial controls to guarantee financial operating integrity.
- Work with Quality Assurance to maintain AS9100 status. Participate and assist with AS9100 audits as necessary.
- Work closely with Security, Environmental, and EICO functions to ensure local, state, and federal compliance. Advocate and ensure a safe work environment.
- Ensure succession plans are in place and be proactive in coaching and mentoring key talent to assume increased responsibilities.
- Maintain a personal awareness of and involvement in contract milestones that directly relate to billings resulting in Cash Flow.
- Establish and maintain close customer and supplier relationships, maintaining a competitive market understanding and promoting ATK Structures in the industry.
- Direct involvement with customer as required on new program opportunities, proposals, costing reviews, and contract negotiations.
- Communicate key issues (financial program related, market developments, organizational changes, quality issues, and other key management issues) upward to division leadership as required.
- Champion compliance with state, federal, and local laws and regulations, particularly EEOC, FARs, ITARs, and export licensing.
- Work with the Facilities organization to develop and execute Capital Equipment plans
Skills and Knowledge
- Aerospace Manufacturing/Operations experience
- Strong financial and budgeting skills, including EAC process familiarity.
- Technical and business acumen in the Aerospace industry to include knowledge of future trends, policies, practices, and technology.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Understands the culture of large organizations and knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels.
- Communicates an inspired vision that motivates entire units and the organization.
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization.
- Steadfastly pushes self and others to achieve company goals.
- Champion the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct.
- Strong composites and aircraft assembly operations experience.
- Bachelor of Science required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible operations management experience focused on Aerospace manufacturing.
- A minimum of 5 years strong senior management experience.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City
Operations Manager, Operations, Manager, Engineer, Supply, Management, Engineering
ATK - 11 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...