Provide specialized expertise in the development, design and testing of biomedical devices and provide medical expertise in support of biomedical compatibility in the development of advanced technologies. Ensure successful IRB and other relevant approvals. Oversee testing, analyze and interpret test results. Support proposal generation, maintaining development schedule and cost performance, documentation and communications related to development of specialized devices.
1. Provide engineering and medical expertise for the oversight and guidance for design, development and testing of biomedical devices.
2. Review and document requirements, design approach, and biomedical compatibility of advanced devices.
3. Secure IRB and other regulatory approvals as necessary.
4. Proposal, schedule and cost management, documentation and team/sponsor communications.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Ph.D degree in a relevant discipline or Medical Doctorate and ten years of experience in development of biomedical devices.
- Proven track record of securing IRB approval for human subject studies and conducting trials as PI.
- Knowledge of biomedical compatibility of electromechanical components and materials.
Special Working Conditions:
Local travel up to 10% may be required.
- Ten years of proven experience in successfully developing and transitioning biomedical devices to operational use. Proven track record of successful field tests. Proven experience with biomedical compatibility of electromechanical components and materials.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at www.jhuapl.edu.
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory - 16 months ago
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory, or APL, knows how to turn American brainpower into American empowerment. A division...