Worldwide Product Line Manager (PLM) for Digital Capture
Carestream Health’s Digital Medical Solutions is searching for a talented Product Line Manager for Digital Radiography.
The Product Line Manager is a global position with responsibility for all aspects of Radiographic Imaging products/solutions, from the development of roadmap strategies through the delivery of business results. The PLM is the primary product/solution strategist and is responsible for understanding market needs, developing product/solution roadmaps, commercializing a product/solution and launching products/solutions to the market to achieve business results.
The PLM uses their unique combination of clinical, (ideally medical imaging) and sales experience to define the customer requirements for new products. The PLM is part of the product development team and works with a broad network of Carestream colleagues covering all disciplines and all locations. The PLM works effectively using guidance and influence to affect change and improvement.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Identify market trends and customer needs in the digital transition of radiography.
- Develop competitive intelligence on products features & functions, and total cost of ownership.
- Develop business case for new products and overall product roadmaps.
- Develop product go to market strategies and plans including product pricing strategy and direct vs. indirect channel strategy.
- Create customer requirements documents for new product introductions.
- Make priority decisions and trade-off decisions when commercializing new products.
- Launch new products/solutions to the global market to reach the business objectives.
- Manage product/solution discontinuance as part of the product life cycle management .
About Digital Medical Solutions:
- Medical Industry experience with 5 years in marketing and/or selling capital medical equipment or healthcare informatics solutions in direct and indirect markets.
- Clinical Experience required.
- Understanding clinical applications of medical imaging equipment.
- Understanding health care informatics, such as IHE, HL7, DICOM, EMR, Billing Systems and Practice Management Systems.
- Ability to access the competitive landscape: key competitive players in key countries, and its business models, product and market strategy.
- Ability to create a winning strategy for a product or portfolio by thorough competitive analysis: targeted customer segments, pricing positioning, cost positioning, and business model including channel strategy.
- Ability to make priority decisions on key product/portfolio attributes (features, manufacturing cost, quality, time to market).
- Ability to project business results with early indicators of both internal sales force effectiveness and external market dynamics, and ability to deploy countermeasures to achieve the business results.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams from product development, manufacturing to sales and service. Ability to lead global teams across different geographic areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers to understand and anticipate their needs – both obvious and subtle.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advance degree and/or Medical Imaging experience desirable.
Digital Medical Solutions Organization (DMS) focuses on CR (computed radiography)/DR (digital radiography) technologies. DMS is the second largest business in Carestream Health, Inc. In support of the corporate vision and promise of “helping customers do their jobs better, faster, and more cost effectively,” we are proud that DMS provides products and services for three major business areas: Digital Capture Solutions (DCS), Healthcare Information Solutions (HCIS), and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT).
This global organization is currently conducting research and development and looking to the next suite of worldwide products and services. In the daily clinical routine, digital technology means optimized processes, quicker availability of information in the relevant departments and more safety for our patients. DMS is doing its part to ultimately improve healthcare and the health of people around the world. We have a team of talented and dedicated employees in DMS that will help the company achieve its vision of changing the landscape of healthcare for future generations.
Carestream Health - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...