Linxx Global Solutions, a fast growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is currently looking for experienced Lead Airport Security Screeners to fill positions at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) located in San Francisco, California. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Identify, distribute and balance workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow and skill level.
- Train or arrange for the technical training of team members, monitor and report on the status and progress of work.
- Assist management with inquiries for information or investigations that may be initiated against a regulated party.
- Oversee the screening checkpoint on a day-to-day basis to include equipment with personnel.
- Schedule screener personnel for efficient and effective screening of all persons, their baggage and cargo.
- Monitor the flow of passengers through the screening checkpoint to facilitate the orderly and efficient processing of passengers.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding any issue that might reveal a weakness or vulnerable area of security screening that is discovered in the course of screening duties.
- Screen persons both entering and inside the airport’s sterile area via passenger checkpoints or other entrances.
- Screen baggage and other items destined for an aircraft or airport’s sterile area.
- Prevent persons from entering an airport sterile area from exit lanes as directed.
- Perform travel document checking (TDC) of passengers entering an airport’s sterile area for authenticity.
- Perform all duties in a courteous and professional manner and promptly address issues to the extent permitted by operations while providing exceptional customer service.
San Francisco, California, United States
- Must have knowledge of the theories, dynamics, and factors underlying the aviation screening process to enable authoritative and independent handling of screening functions.
- Must be able to operate all advanced technologies security equipment at screening checkpoints.
- Must be able to interpret and apply federal, agency, and TSA personnel policies, processes and procedures.
- Must be able to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Must have experience in conducting visual observation and x-ray interpretation.
- Must be able to identify and locate potentially life threatening devices and devices intended on creating massive destruction.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; OR have at least one year of full-time work experience in security work, aviation screener work, or X-ray technician work.
- Must be able to successfully complete the Screener English Test and Screener Object Recognition Test.
- Must be able to successfully pass all specified tests, interviews, and other evaluations given during the assessment qualification process.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation.
- Must be willing and able to: repeatedly lift and carry baggage weighing up to 70 pounds; bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk; continuously stand between one and four hours without a break to carry out screening functions; and walk up to two miles during a shift.
- Must meet job-related medical standards that will be assessed in a pre-employment medical evaluation that considers relevant aspects of all body systems (e.g., cardiovascular, respiratory, musculoskeletal, auditory, visual ability, and etc.).