- Ensure all preventative maintenance is performed according to BFP standards including, but not limited to, changing filters, greasing and oiling motors and gears, inspecting and adjusting belts and pulleys, and replacing motors, bearings, shafts, punching tubes on heat exchanger, etc.
- Have thorough knowledge of all key valve locations and electrical distributions switches for all building systems.
- Maintain all required licenses and certificates. See below.
- Correct emergency conditions such as floods and sewer back-ups. Notify management of problems as appropriate.
- When problems are discovered on regular tours, initiate repairs with shift personnel.
- Ensure staff takes readings as scheduled and log results, notifying management if readings are abnormal.
- Ensure weekly refrigerant leak test is performed, inform management of results and enter information in log.
- Ensure staff maintains clean and safe environment in the Engine Room, Cooling Tower area, Switch Gear Rooms, and all other mechanical spaces. This maintenance includes surface cleaning, painting and other maintenance necessary to maintain acceptable standards.
- Manage shift personnel; ensure all employees follow BFP policies and procedures.
- Train shift personnel, perform mid and annual employee evaluations and outline goals/action plan for shift.
- 3rd Class DC license
- Universal CFC license