(1st Shift - 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Rotating Days)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for supervising the molding operation, which includes ensuring conformance to Good Manufacturing Practices and standards and performing short term strategic planning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Supervises employees by interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating performance, disciplining, firing and other related duties.
• Coordinates, organizes and assigns daily responsibilities, which includes intra-departmental communication and reports.
• Maintains employee related documentation such as training, performance evaluations, personnel requisitions and other related material.
• Maintains records in the EPOS process monitoring system.
• Coordinates machine time and schedules with production planning, including engineering tests.
• Coordinates tooling and equipment availability with molding maintenance, which includes ensuring that preventative maintenance are performed.
• Ensures that all molding personnel follow and comply with GMP and all molding specifications.
• Requisitions all materials, supplies, spare tooling and equipment, as required.
• Ensures that all paperwork (routers, BOM's, hourly paperwork, etc.) is completed properly and that work orders are closed.
• Ensures training of all molding personnel.
• Ensures cleanliness and order for the molding facility.
• Ensures conformance to reasonable expectation standards.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. – local practice may apply.
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
• Chemical vapors
• Soldering fumes
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education and experience equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
• A minimum of three years of molding experience, which includes mold set-up, processing and related supervisor experience.
• Demonstrated competency in mold set-up and problem solving with all related processes and product lines.
• Ability to motivate others to improve quality and productivity in performing repetitive manufacturing tasks.
• Ability to read, understand and write written instructions.
• Ability to follow and give detailed oral instructions.
• Ability to distinguish between acceptable and unacceptable finished products.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Demonstrated computer skills; preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
• Supervisory process/interviewing/training/evaluating performance/disciplining/firing
• Work assignment/coordination
• EPOS record maintenance
• Machine coordination/scheduling
• Tooling and equipment coordination/preventative maintenance
• GMP and molding specification compliance
• Materials/supplies/spare tooling/equipment requisitions
• Paperwork accuracy
• Molding facility cleanliness
• Reasonable expectation standard conformance
• Computer skills
Infectious Control Risk Category II:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.
Internal candidates: Please log in to the employee services part of the Merit Metro and go under the "Merit Job Openings" button to view and apply to the opening. This can only be done while at work, not from home.
External candidates: Please submit an application on our website www.merit.com under the “Careers” tab.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. , an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. Merit currently has the following opening at its Corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah in our R&D Department. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
Merit Medical Systems Inc. - 10 months ago
Merit Medical Systems, Inc produces single-use medical products. The products are designed to enable physicians and other health care profes...