Position Summary: Plan and prepare daily and weekly production schedules for assigned areas in a make to order environment. Supervise daily schedules of finished goods production and material releases to insure on time customer delivery of quality approved products.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Formulate specific production schedules so that they conform to the customer requirements.
- Evaluate status and availability of materials, inventory levels, part or product production status and other factors that may affect scheduling.
- Schedule operations so as to balance work center load and effectively utilize equipment, tooling and manpower, per customer requirements.
- Determine recourse and recommend alternatives or corrective action in the event of failure to meet schedule.
- As required, revise schedules and issue schedule changes.
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineering and Corporate personnel regarding Bill of Material changes or necessary substitutions.
- Create weekly and daily production schedules for gas engines, drives, mounts, and TSK’s that satisfy customer demand and meet customer requested ship dates.
- Participate in scheduled meetings with VPA Marketing and Lexington personnel to finalize and approve the current customer build and ship schedule.
- Generate and process necessary work orders to support production schedule.
- Monitor & review change request to approved Production Build Schedule.
- Maintain satisfactory inventory control of engine blocks to support production schedule (i.e. supplier communication, release generation, expedites/defers and etc.).
- Retain and analyze historical production/sales data as information to validate the demand plan propose by Global Logistics.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta goals and objectives.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing planning environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- CPIM certification helpful
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor degree (e.g. Business, Management, Accounting and etc.) preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Volvo Group - 2 years ago
Drivers looking for the iconic boxy station wagon beware; these Volvos don't haul families. Volvo Construction Equipment North America...