1. Possess a valid coaching authorization or the credentials of a certified teacher with an endorsement for coaching.
2. Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for performing the tasks listed.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
4. Must exhibit high moral values and be able to serve as a favorable example to young people.
Activities Director and head coach in the area of assignment
Student athletes and student managers
To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
1. Keep abreast of new ideas and techniques in sports field assigned.
2. Be knowledgeable of rules and regulations plus changes that occur.
3. Coach individual participants in the skill areas necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved, as assigned by the head coach.
4. Carry out duties as assigned by the head coach in the sport involved with as it would pertain to clerical work, strategy meetings, equipment issue and return, facility preparations and supervision.
5. Support the head coach by abiding by his/her policies and rules which are set forth to help maintain growth of the total sport program at all levels.
6. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication with appropriate personnel.
7. Maintains a continuing program of staff development and training to develop a competent workforce.
8. Performs other duties as may from time to time be assigned by the Superintendent.
Bending, carrying, climbing, driving, lifting, pushing-pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking.
1. Includes extremes of temperature and humidity.
2. Hazards include stairs and communicable diseases.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Compensation and duration of coaching season to be established by the Board.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the head coach in the area of assignment and the Activities Director according to the guidelines of the master contract.
Ankeny Community School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of the District to provide equal employment opportunity and not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or marital status in its employment and personnel practices. The District will affirmatively recruit women and men, members of diverse racial/ethnic groups, and persons with disabilities for job categories where the representative groups are underrepresented.
Smoking is prohibited on