Specialist International Factory Social Compliance
- Maintains Supply Chain Compliance Module for Factory Social Compliance Questionnaires and audits.
- Objectively reviews and evaluates Factory Social Compliance questionnaires and makes recommendations for improvement by following all company requirements.
- Schedule Factory Social Compliance audits with third party audit firms.
- Process Factory audit invoicing including monthly accruals.
- Request/follow-up on Continuous Action Plans with factories.
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Learn and understand: local labor, wage and safety laws; labor contracts; Academy codes of conduct; and international human rights standards. Apply this knowledge to assess compliance levels of business practices.
- Handles day-to-day compliance issues that delay the completion of the Factory Social Compliance questionnaires and anticipates problems and diffuses situations.
- Assists with establishing, maintaining, and monitoring Social Compliance procedures.
- Interfaces and liaises daily with Factories, Vendors, and Global Sourcing teams.
- Assists Global Sourcing, Vendors, and factories in resolving issues with completion of Factory Social Compliance questionnaires.
- Prioritize, plan and organize work and projects efficiently.
- Follows internal control procedures when working with vendors, factories, and third party audit firms.
- Carries out import compliance in the following CBP programs:
Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), Importer Self-Assessment (ISA), and Intellectual Property Right (IPR).
- Completes specific goals, initiatives and long-range strategic objectives as assigned by the Sr. Customs Compliance Operations Manager.
- Required to learn company policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Ability to assimilate data and information and
make sound, fact-based decisions
- Knowledge about social auditing measures, practices, and principles
- Efficient at making observations, analyzing, and drawing conclusions
- Knowledge of international and country laws such as: child labor, forced labor, discrimination, wages & benefits, working hours, safety, health & hygiene, freedom of association, and environment protection
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft - Word, Excel, and Power Point, and Customs software tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Communication - effective listening, speaking, and writing skills
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
- Certified Custom Specialist preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Sporting goods (apparel/footwear/hardgoods) and/or retail industry experience preferred
TX-Houston Metro-Katy-1800 N. Mason Road
Academy Sports + Outdoors
- 2 years ago - save job
Academy Sports & Outdoors is one of the nation,s largest sporting goods retailers, operating over 80 stores across the southeastern...