ION Geophysical is currently seeking an experienced electronics Assembler with excellent soldering skills. This is a permanent full time position with an excellent benefits package.
- Assembles, dismantles and/or repairs electronic or electro-mechanical equipment.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- IPC certification or equivalent preferred
- Must have minimum of two (2) years demonstrated strong hands-on soldering skills.
- Soldering skills required (thru-hole, surface-mount, and fine pitch).
- Ability to work on large and small electro-mechanical equipment.
- Ability to work with small hand tools, read Engineering documentation and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Ability to follow established procedures on routine work and requires instruction only on new assignments.
ION GEOPHYSICAL CORPORATION - 2 years ago