Catalent Pharma Solutions (a Blackstone Group company) is a leading Drug Development, Advanced Delivery Technology and Supply partner to the global pharmaceutical industry. A Fortune 1000 company, with over 20 locations on 5 continents, we partner with 90 out of the top 100 pharmaceutical companies and 44 of the top 50 biotech firms, as well as thousands of small innovator companies.
The business development department is responsible for identifying, negotiating, and securing new development and commercial supply softgel business for Rx pharmaceutical products with new and existing customers, and for managing softgel business relationships with current softgel customers.
This business development rep can be located anywhere in California.
Identifies key account decision makers and influencers.
- Identify, qualify, and pursue softgel business opportunities within assigned portfolio of accounts (current customers and prospects).
Prepares well for calls/visits, anticipating and addressing barriers.
Documents and validates customer needs prior to presenting solutions. · In cooperation with R&D and Contract Management, prepare and present to customers quotations for softgel development work.
Ability to prioritize time on the right opportunities to maximize results.
- Cooperate with management, the legal department and finance in the preparation and negotiation of softgel development agreements and softgel commercial supply agreements.
- Manage the softgel business relationships with assigned customers. Responsibilities include pricing, contract extensions/amendments, forecasting, periodic business review meetings, and other customer service related issues.
Understands the customer’s decision making processes and identifies each key decision maker’s individual issues and wins.
Sets account objectives and establishes a plan for achieving objectives. · Cross-sell other Catalent service offerings to softgel customers.
Defines alternative solutions of equal attractiveness to Catalent Pharma · Represent the softgel service offering to select Catalent Global Account Teams.
Ability to interact effectively with scientists and technical staff from customers and from the Catalent organization.
- Participate in internal sales training efforts, internal process teams, trade show exhibits, and professional associations relevant to softgels and other Catalent service offerings.
- Research and maintain up-to-date information on the R&D programs of existing and potential softgel customers.
- Present information about Catalent’s softgel service offering knowledgeably and effectively reflecting the organization’s capability to support development and commercialization of Rx softgel programs.
Communicates in a compelling way and provides proof of value to the customer.
Stays informed of and appropriately involved in implementation progress without assuming leadership or implementation management role.
Conducts discussions (internally and with customers) and analysis to identify opportunities for innovation. · Evaluate overall sales results and trends for assigned portfolio of softgel accounts.
Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. · Ability to work effectively as a member of cross-functional teams is required.
- Maintain effective communication with Catalent’s scientists, operations staff, project managers, and senior management to ensure that all account management activities are conducted in a coordinated, team-based fashion.
- Use both structured (e.g., CRM, forms, reporting mechanisms) and unstructured communication (e.g., e-mail, phone calls) to assure that there is a detail-oriented approach to softgel account management with rapid response and follow through to customer inquiries, opportunities, and issues.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A BS/BA degree is required in a scientific discipline related to pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals.
- An advanced scientific degree and/or an MBA degree are preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of pharmaceutical contract service sales experience is required.
- Proven track record with new account penetration is required.
- Proven ability to organize and plan work, manage travel, and balance multiple priorities effectively is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to interact effectively with scientists and technical staff from customers and within the Catalent organization are required.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% to visit clients as well as meet with clients in Catalent's manufacturing facilities in Somerset, NJ and St. Petersburg, FL.
- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Monster - 14 months ago