Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally Mon.-Fri.
Position functions as a medical assistant in a busy surgical clinical setting and physicians’ office. Prepares and maintains exam rooms, prepares charts, obtains reports and records. Directs the patient flow and ensures the overall smooth running of the clinical office.
- Functions as an assistant for physicians in preparation for office hours, chart and record preparation, obtain X-rays, prepare rooms, assessment of vital signs and monitors physicians’ schedules and recommend changes.
- Entry of medical information and vital signs in electronic charts; office visit, diagnostic testing, and schedules surgical procedures.
- Directs patient flow, assists with special procedures, instructs patients teaching pre and post operative and completes requisitions.
- Assist medical secretaries in updating records, patient phone calls, data collection, specimen collections and telephone communication with other departments.
- Monitors supply inventory, assuring adequate supplies, equipment/garments available and comply with regulations.
- Cleans and stocks exam areas and sterilizes instruments.
- Clinical office setting with some pressure caused by adherence to patient and physician schedules. Some local travel to satellite office.
Related work experience or relevant training in medical field preferred (examples; military medic, emergency medical technicians, student nurses, physical therapy students; athletic trainers); CPR certification.
The minimum to midpoint of the salary range is $11.03- $13.51 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
As clinicians, our Department’s surgeons provide care within five divisions – General Surgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatric Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and Urologic Surgery – that also serve as referral centers for their respective specialties. In performing procedures ranging from minimally invasive heart surgery to living donor organ transplantation and laparoscopic colon cancer surgery, our surgeons offer compassionate treatment as well as the most advanced techniques. Our faculty members also provide the best educational experiences possible to more than 90 residents and fellows (clinical and research). And the Department of Surgery ranks consistently among the top academic surgery departments in annual NIH, non-federal and corporate-supported grants.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Other Benefits
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...