Senior QA Engineer
Upromise Investments: The leading administrator of 529 college savings plans. Upromise Investments is dedicated to meeting the needs of our state clients, their plans, and families saving for college across the country. We provide a range of service models, from recordkeeping and administration to full-service program management. Headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, Upromise Investments is a registered broker-dealer, a member of FINRA, and is registered with the MSRB.
The Senior QA Engineer Plan is responsible for developing and execution of manual tests, interfacing with R&D, customer support, and documentation during the overall product lifecycle. This role also reviews design and functional specification documents, details product functionality documents, develop a test strategy and detailed test specification plans with emphasis on automation.
Provide technical leadership to other team members and train and mentor new team members.
The Senior QA Engineer will also develop and maintain existing automation test suite and provide production support such as patch, RT.
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
- 4 year degree is a must, prefer in computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 10+ years QA experience.
- Financial Services Industry Experience is a preference.
- Must have strong SQL experience.
- Oracle Database experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Shell Scripting is required.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience in Java is required.
- Hands-on experience of third party automation tools. (Experience with Open Source projects, test tools or testing Framework such as JMeter, Ant, Selenium, Webdriver).
- Independent QA Engineer with strong analytical skills.
Sallie Mae - 2 years ago
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the Fe...