Network & Systems Technician - Chicago,
Network & Systems Technician
Here To Apply Now!
Two openings available - day shift and night
Proprietary trading firm is seeking to add
a Network/Systems technician to an existing
IT team to assist, maintain and progressively
improve the existing infrastructure of a professional
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated
individual that can work efficiently with a
technical team in a highly demanding environment.
The candidate will be someone who can troubleshoot
technology-related problems that might include
hardware and software issues, equipment failure
and TCP/IP connectivity. Duties may include
installation of new software, deployment of
new hardware, training of users, troubleshooting
hardware/software, troubleshooting networking
equipment, wiring, maintaining procedure documents
and inventory/asset management. The candidate
must have outstanding communication and prioritization
skills and be able to effectively take direction.
PC hardware and software.
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot
and proactively share this information to team
- Create and maintain technical/process documentation
to maintain and improve the systems/network
- Actively seek out and participate in projects
multiple workstation models.
- Create and maintain standard PC images for
- Process, monitor and prioritize trouble tickets.
- Troubleshoot basic TCP/IP and multicast issues.
- Assist in managing and maintaining technology
- Assist with hardware and software purchases.
- Train new employees and staff as directed.
- Perform network backups and restores.
- Install and monitor antivirus software.
- Provide basic support on network hardware.
- Support other key initiatives as the business
versions of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Proficient in installing and supporting current
and experience remotely managing servers and
- Windows Server 2008/Active Directory exposure
- Experience with Linux/Unix (Redhat, Fedora,
calmly and with urgency.
- Manage high-pressure situations professionally,
Microsoft end user applications; familiar with
- Proficient in installing and supporting all
other common business and productivity software.
- Experience creating and maintaining active
- Ability to work independently and provide progress
- Excellent customer service and communication
the difference between TCP and UDP).
- Knowledge of network TCP/IP protocol (understand
SSL, VPN and firewall.
- Familiar with Multicast.
- Knowledge of security technologies such as
Jobs, Chicago, Windows, Active Directory, Linux,
- Experience with Cisco routers/switches a plus.
- Willing to work off hours and/or weekends.
- Willing to be “on call”.
TCP/IP, Multicast, Networking, Systems, Technician,
For more information about this opportunity
Next Step Systems - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard