Title: Mobile Shred Operator/Driver
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company’s solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, IronMountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ IronMountainInc for more information.
We are currently recruiting for a Mobile Shred Operator for our Shred Operations…
This position has the responsibility for driving a company Mobile Shred Vehicle and transporting material from customer and Iron Mountain locations; loading and unloading through a variety of mechanisms; using wireless scanning technology, preparing paperwork and assessing and performing the daily maintenance for the Mobile Shred Vehicle to ensure it functions efficiently.
- Must have good communication skills including speaking and listening in order to talk with clients, co-workers, and managers.
- Must be able to work without assistance in order to grip, lift, push, pull, and carry wheeled, plastic bins including up and down inclines, stairs, changes in walking surfaces and elevations.
- Must be ambulatory including the ability to walk, stand, sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb / step-up into cab of truck.
- Must be able to operate manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
Physical Requirements of the Job
Must tolerate frequent periods of maintaining entire body in erect posture with static weight bearing on one or both legs without changing position.
10-15 minutes/stop, 12-14 stops/day
Picking-up boxes, bins, bags at client locations, weighing bins and recording weight at destruction facility
Must tolerate frequent periods of resting entire body weight on buttocks without change in position.
80 miles per day
Must tolerate frequent periods of moving the entire body from one location to another with the use of legs.
10-15 minutes/stop, 12-14 stops/day
Walking from truck to location of bins at customer location, returning to truck. Walking from truck to destruction facility and back.
Must tolerate occasional periods of exerting force upon or against an object to move it away from the body.
Pushing 2- and 4 wheeled bins/carts
Weight Range :
Must tolerate occasional periods of exerting force upon or against an object to move it toward the body.
Pulling 2- and 4 wheeled bins/carts
Weight Range :
Max total time pushing / pulling per day is approx. 60-80 minutes. This is includes the cumulative time of each stop and approximately 20 minutes of unloading trucks, 2-3 times per day. The weight range indicated above is exactly that. It is the range of weight of an item or items that may be handled. The average weight is an approximate average weight of an item or items handled at a given time for the specific task indicated.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The ideal applicant will have current exp. customer service and a service industry.
- Qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate safe/efficient-driving skills.
- 2+ years route transportation experience is preferred.
- Applicants should be computer proficient, able to complete paperwork accurately and completely and understand the importance of detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer service and ability to communicate verbally with customers in a professional manner.
- The ability to adhere to and enforce all security procedures.
- Able to lift material up to 70 pounds; able to use tools to maneuver.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid CLASS B CDL driver’s license and a good driving record and be able to pass a pre-employment substance abuse screening, a background check and a DOT physical.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to customer information regulated by the ITAR. Only US Persons are eligible for this level security clearance, hence for this position, Iron Mountain will consider only US Persons.
At this time we are considering only local candidates who are able to work without employer sponsorship. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Only those candidates whose experience best meets our requirements will be contacted.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: mobile shred operator, driver, cargo, cdl, cdl a driver, cdl a drivers, cdl b drivers, cdl driver, cdl drivers, deliver, delivery, general labor, logistics, route, shipping, skilled labor, transport, transportation, truck, truck driver, vehicle .
Iron Mountain - 19 months ago
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...