We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Open Pit Mining Engineer in our Denver, CO, office. Reporting to the Consulting Manager, this position has overall responsibility for the management, business development, supervision and training of our mine engineering staff to perform engineering and planning services for projects. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Managing the execution of studies and projects to provide world class quality results to our clients
- Ensuring all projects and studies are completed on time and on budget, as well as in a manner consistent with AMEC and client quality standards
- Providing specialist technical input, leadership and management on projects
- Mentoring and training junior AMEC personnel to prepare individuals as well as teams to take on additional roles and responsibilities
- Playing a key role in business development activities by establishing and maintaining client relationships and developing business leads and work opportunities
- Soliciting work and preparing proposals and bids for all levels of study and engineering projects
- Ensuring that work under your supervision is an integral part of the global AMEC mining team
- Supporting continuous development of AMEC-wide cost and design databases
- Participating in development of AMEC-wide standards and procedures and in special interest groups
- Performing peer review and senior review duties for work performed by others.
- B.Sc. Mining Engineering
- Professional registration or ability to be registered within one year
- More than 10 years experience in operations and engineering roles of increasing responsibility in the mining and consulting industry with focus on open pit mining
- Experience in an operations environment at a geology, mine or process superintendent or manager level
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Foreign language skills are an asset
- Project and engineering management experience
- Budgeting, estimating, and scheduling experience
- Familiarity with mine planning software such as MineSight, Vulcan, Gemcom, Datamine, PCBC, or Mine 24D for open pit projects
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations.
AMEC is an equal opportunity employer, a global leader in sustainability and recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2012. Since 2000, Engineering News Record magazine has ranked AMEC among the top International Design Firms. AMEC has also ranked at the top of its sector in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index since 2005. Are you ready for a rewarding career with AMEC? Join us now!
AMEC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy...